2021 1801 build quality and accessories quality.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mistakes happen. They’re taking responsibility. That’s all you can ask.

yes I understand. I posted this so people can double check newer boats.All they talk about is quality control. Keep up the quality control and you won’t have this problem.
I love the boat. Put over 130 hours in 4 months. It’s a great simple layout and burns minimal fuel.

American made.

Attachments

• CD1501C6-931D-4E3A-B57E-9AD7B1E31CEB.jpeg
    CD1501C6-931D-4E3A-B57E-9AD7B1E31CEB.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
OP. The two pieces of fiberglass that were supposed to be bonded by the adhesive never came to gather to bond. that can be seen from your picture of the rounded bead of adhesive. The fix is an easy one which is to fill the gap with sealant. I don't think it is and structural part. I found things with my new 2520 that happened because humans built it, by hand. That, to me is part of what makes Parkers desirable. It's not perfect; but, it's not the end of the world and it surely won't make you boat any less safe.

OP. The two pieces of fiberglass that were supposed to be bonded by the adhesive never came to gather to bond. that can be seen from your picture of the rounded bead of adhesive. The fix is an easy one which is to fill the gap with sealant. I don't think it is and structural part. I found things with my new 2520 that happened because humans built it, by hand. That, to me is part of what makes Parkers desirable. It's not perfect; but, it's not the end of the world and it surely won't make you boat any less safe.

look I understand it was human error. It’s no big deal. It’s not the end of the world.

I'm not aware of the manufacturing issues.. can you please share what the issues are?

crooked pilot houses, rusting hardware, cracked transoms, rotten cores from factory installed hardware not being bedded properly, fuel tanks corroding/leaking after a few seasons, stringers and decking not properly encapsulated and water proof etc etc. I know all mass manufacturers have boats come off the line with issues, but parker has been doing a great job of trashing their own name in the last few years.

The boats from the 90s and 2000s are still amazing though aside from maybe fuel tank issues after 20 years, which is basically a wear item at that point.

crooked pilot houses, rusting hardware, cracked transoms, rotten cores from factory installed hardware not being bedded properly, fuel tanks corroding/leaking after a few seasons, stringers and decking not properly encapsulated and water proof etc etc. I know all mass manufacturers have boats come off the line with issues, but parker has been doing a great job of trashing their own name in the last few years.

The boats from the 90s and 2000s are still amazing though aside from maybe fuel tank issues after 20 years, which is basically a wear item at that point.

such bullshit.I knew it was too good to be true. I guess you get what you pay for. I’ll run it one more season and mov up to a better boat. I don’t want to be out in some shitty weather and my transom cracks off.

Let this be known to all people looking to buy a new parker. CHECK everything. I

That's quite a list! Is this stuff you heard of on the internet or do you have first hand experience with this? Can you point me to the source of the info? I have seen the story about the guy with the crooked pilot house that turned out to be something he wanted.. Thanks.

I have had my 2021 1801 for about a year and have about 130 hours on it. I am very happy with the boat and have no issues. My boat lives in the water (brackish) and I have had none of the above issues. R

I have had my 2021 1801 for about a year and have about 130 hours on it. I am very happy with the boat and have no issues. My boat lives in the water (brackish) and I have had none of the above issues. R

okay cool. It’s frustrating but I don’t mean to say the boats a piece of shit because it’s not. Not trying to jump the gun here. I love it . It’s gets me a lot of different places and I can fish nearshore and then be in the backbay In 2 feet of water no problem.

Boat was repaired at the local dealer and live well Was fixed over winter 22’ Was not impressed with the response I got from Parker when I first asked about the issue. Thanks everyone.

okay cool. It’s frustrating but I don’t mean to say the boats a piece of shit because it’s not. Not trying to jump the gun here. I love it . It’s gets me a lot of different places and I can fish nearshore and then be in the backbay In 2 feet of water no problem.

I own 2 Parker boats. A 1999 23 CC Deep Vee and 2001 2801. I live about 3 miles from the Parker facility in Beaufort NC. I knew when I first heard that Correct Craft bought Parker boats from Linwood Parker that the boats would be 'cheapend-down'. I love my 2 Parkers but I wouldn't buy one after the 2019 models. I told a guy on the dock after hearing of the purchase that the boats would be a piece of $hit after one or two years and now, that's what I'm hearing from the new owners.

I own 2 Parker boats. A 1999 23 CC Deep Vee and 2001 2801. I live about 3 miles from the Parker facility in Beaufort NC. I knew when I first heard that Correct Craft bought Parker boats from Linwood Parker that the boats would be 'cheapend-down'. I love my 2 Parkers but I wouldn't buy one after the 2019 models. I told a guy on the dock after hearing of the purchase that the boats would be a piece of $hit after one or two years and now, that's what I'm hearing from the new owners.
Yes. It’s falling apart already, not happy. But it is what it is. If I sell it now I’ll take a loss.

You should definitely give Parker a chance to make it right. Let us know what they say. My 2015 1801 is a hoss... no rust, but then I'm in fresh water.
Good luck with that their response was stainless is not stain proof. I went on bolt depot and bought good 316 and rebedded every screw on the boat

If you ask me the weak point of this boat is the accessories.

Cheap b60 airmar transducer, Low quality stainless, and a livewell pump that constantly breaks and the underwater lights never worked from day 1

I also had a drain tube crack already my boat is only a 2021.

I added an external transducer that does side scan and chirp, got good stainless on bolt depot and rebedded all hardware, I just added aftermarket lights

If you ask me the weak point of this boat is the accessories.

Cheap b60 airmar transducer, Low quality stainless, and a livewell pump that constantly breaks and the underwater lights never worked from day 1

I also had a drain tube crack already my boat is only a 2021.

I added an external transducer that does side scan and chirp, got good stainless on bolt depot and rebedded all hardware, I just added aftermarket lights
Do you have the 21 or 23 pilothouse ?

I have the external transducer with chirp, Garmin unit it does the job and I like how I can read the bottom still at 10-15 mph.

I will replace everything with stainless from bolt depot.

I also noticed the non skid is already getting destroyed. I don’t run the boat hard 4200 cruising mainly. I really put this boat through some nasty water and I’m still impressed how great it runs in a head chop 2-3 ft. Following seas not so much but what else can you say for an 18 ft boat. Love the boat just wish the hardware and accessories were a bit higher quality.

Good luck with that their response was stainless is not stain proof. I went on bolt depot and bought good 316 and rebedded every screw on the boat
The response I got from Parker for the livewell issue was that they use space shuttle tile glue for the livewell. Ok so why did it break off? Why not glass the livewell over to begin with.

Then to add insult to injury the dealer they put the console back together like shit. Screws loose screws not cut off. Sucks. I hate being treated like crap but that’s what these businesses do. They don’t care anymore……

I have a 21se……

The underwater lights are complete crap as well. Never worked right out the box. I upgraded it myself.

But for $54k for a 2021 I am still way ahead everything I looked at was 15-20k more

Back