2021 2320 steering RAM size?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swatski

Reaction score
Would anyone know the part number of the RAM and its displacement?

2021 Parker 2320, Yamaha 300XCA

Much appreciated. Trying to fit for an AP. Boat is still at the dealer, 2hrs away...

--

Displacement - 8.34 Cubic inches in volume capacity ?

I think this is the part, but I'm not sure:
SeaStar HC5345-3 Front Mount Hydraulic Outboard Steering Cylinder ?

--

Curious about your results!
If I may ask, did you install yourself or hired someone?

I have been looking at Garmin packages, it looks like the 1.2 pump would also work for my setup. I also want the remote.
I originally was thinking EV-150, but I'm all Garmin so it probably makes more sense to stick with one brand.

I was fortunate to get the V2. I got a buddy who saved me some money so was able to pull the trigger.
Got lucky because he also knows a installer for a local boat manufacturing company who came over and did the install in my shop.

Here is the factory installed ram on a 2016 2320.

you can see the model number. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• 6AE64AEA-ADB2-4E93-8224-EC1248488F8C.jpeg
    6AE64AEA-ADB2-4E93-8224-EC1248488F8C.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 15
Here is the factory installed ram on a 2016 2320.

you can see the model number. Hope it helps.
Thank you Sir, very helpful. I can not get to the boat for the next two weeks or so, while the inventories are shrinking.
This is the seastar 8.34 CI cylinder, so I'm hoping the Garmin 1.2 pump AP (reactor 40) will be fine. The V2 is some $1,200-1,500 more depending who you ask, lol, on top of already crazy number.
Wish I were closer, I could use an installer, they are harder to find in northern NJ.

I'm looking forward to your experience. I'm planning on hooking mine up to the 8610, and debating the G3.Vision maps.

--

I’ve heard the smaller pumps have a hard time keeping up on the troll. But would research that. There is a active parker forum on bloodydecks.com you could ask there.

I know or have read the ray marine AP well work with Garmin minus a few options. So that might be an option if you can get a better deal.

I just added the 8610xsv to my electronics package. Calibration and test run tomorrow so we’ll see how it works out.

good luck. If you need anything else don’t hesitate to ask. I asked LOTS of questions.I have a highly modified 2320 that I’m always doing upgrades to.

Attachments

• 7D735005-5905-4BF4-9B27-2E94DC30D817.jpeg
    7D735005-5905-4BF4-9B27-2E94DC30D817.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 26
How do you like the 8610xsv? Do you use their G3.Vision charts? I hear they are the cat's meow, at least here in the NE.

As far as my AP, I went back and forth for a long time, finally just need to do it. I got very good advice from Gil at the THT. The 1.2 Garmin pump is specifically build for trolling with big singles, it's more capable than the type-1 pump in EV-150. I almost went with the EV-150, it is such a good and proven system. But I do like the Garmin remote and may get their watch, too. The networking will also be easier. We will see!

Reactions: A-K
I don't claim to be an expert , this is just my experience....

So I don't see how trolling would be more difficult for the AP motor than when actually under way. My steering wheel is harder to turn while under way even when trimmed properly than trolling

That being said my f250 2310 (same seastar steering cylinder as your f300) originally had an ev100, type .5 pump and was fine trolling , but when underway it couldn't keep up. I upgraded to ev150 and a type 1 pump and it's fine. I've been having difficulties bleeding the system,so I bought the seastar pump (type 1) and will be installing that soon. Seastar pump can be installed inline and has a bleed fitting on the pump! And it's cheaper. Kinda blows my mind how expensive some of these pumps are.... That being said I don't think the seastar pump will work with a Garmin AP computer, I vaguely remember something weird about the Garmin AP pump. Simrad and Raymarine simply require 12V reversible pumps so all their pumps (and seastar pump) are interchangeable.

Good luck with your project and congrats and the new boat! I'm jealous

Back