2021 or new 2022 Parker Leadtimes

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dealer is making you take "financial" delivery of the boat before you take physical possession? That is not right...and not ethical.

i had the same happen with my boat. I was worried at first but everything turned out ok.

I ordered mine from the dealer in Bayville.
Does anybody know what exactly the dealer does to prep the boat for delivery? My salesman only mentioned engine fluids, steering fluids and yamaha rigging. Not getting bottom painted. I guess batteries possibly, I believe one of the knowledgeable members here said parker installs the electronics.
I thought I was gonna get the boat a few days after the dealer got it. Major kick in the nuts
They take it to Yamaha, fill the fluids, and calibrate the fuel tank. Probably other prep stuff too.

They never called yesterday w/ a pick up date so I'll give them till noon tomorrow before I make the call.
I feel I should been pretty close to first in line since I ordered boat in December, so any service work scheduled/brought in after december should be behind/after me. I know they didn't have a ton of new boats to prep and I doubt all the new boats they sold didn't all come in last week. I did see a lot of engines so maybe some repowers in front of me.
I was hoping there was some kind of law that says they must give me possesion of boat before first loan payment. Just trying to think of something to say to get me a sooner delivery date.

I understand what you are going through. It’ll be worth it when you see it! Trust me.

Last edited:
Dang, (I did not read every comment above) Last May, I drove past my Dealer, saw the 2021 2520 sitting there, went in and bought it the next day. must have gotten lucky.

However the warranty work, (simple stuff) like the cabin door seal, non working outside speaker and deck light. waited 6 months and Parker (or the dealer ordered the wrong part) sent the incorrect part. That's frustrating.

They never called yesterday w/ a pick up date so I'll give them till noon tomorrow before I make the call.
I feel I should been pretty close to first in line since I ordered boat in December, so any service work scheduled/brought in after december should be behind/after me. I know they didn't have a ton of new boats to prep and I doubt all the new boats they sold didn't all come in last week. I did see a lot of engines so maybe some repowers in front of me.
I was hoping there was some kind of law that says they must give me possesion of boat before first loan payment. Just trying to think of something to say to get me a sooner delivery date.
Got the delivery date moved up to 9:00am June 8th, much better than July 20.
YES!!!

I am a happy old poopop…the boat arrived at the dealer Thursday… should have it a few days…the 1801 arrives and must have the windshield, prop, transducer, antenna and all manner of material unwrapped, and will have it bottom painted. 40 weeks…to get her but it’s HERE!!!

Hi all!

I’m getting really close to pull the trigger on a new 2022 2320. Does anyone know how long it’ll take delivery based on past experiences? Some folks tell me if I were to order the boat today it would take delivery at the end of fall, others say spring. I understand that Yamaha is very backed up (due to Covid and chip shortages) as well which can lead to more delays. Any feedback is appreciated!! Thanks!

Starling Marine in Morehead City NC says end of 2023 (not a typo) 23! Might get one sooner with interest rates spiking.

I ordered in mid December (2021) and it just came in mid May. After prep it was ready for delivery/pick up on June 8th.

Never mind Starling, I don't think they have had a new Parker in stock in over two years. Call Allen Brown at Manteo Marine. They are actually in the Parker business.

Never mind Starling, I don't think they have had a new Parker in stock in over two years. Call Allen Brown at Manteo Marine. They are actually in the Parker business.
Manteo Marine and Park Boat Company in Washington, NC are the same company. They're tops in customer service; the best I've ever experienced! It doesn't matter if you're buying a boat, or buying a cotter-pin for your prop, you're treated like a valued customer..... I won't take this opportunity to repeat my experiences at Starling; I'll just say, if you're looking to buy a Parker from them, consider it a blessing that they don't have any! ☺

Last edited:
Back