2022 21' SE with garmin 943 ?'s

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJBayhound

Reaction score
I see navionics is difficult to load onto the garmin(I'm not very good w/ computers/phones/apps). At the fishing expo last weekend I got to play with a 943 that was on display. The maps that were on the 943 I played with were pretty decent. The local reef sites I fish were easily found and showed most of the structure. I saw somewhere the 943 comes preloaded w/ lake and the coastal US. I was wondering if the 943 that I ordered as a option on the 21'se has some decent maps preloaded or maybe the same maps I looked at the fishing expo? The unit at the show had all of florida and the whole east coast(never tried looking at the gulf or west coast. I was impressed at the speed of the unit, never lagged while zooming +/- or searching up and down the coast.
I wish I could upgrade the transducer but it sounds like Parker installs the b-60. If my dealer installed it I would certainly go up in ducer power. I'll ask my dealer if I can upgrade the transducer but w/ these crazy times I'm not sure. I don't want to lose my spot and get the delivery date pushed out any further. I was gonna just use my lowrance for a gps since it's got multiple navionics platnum chips. I may try to rig up my lowrance triple shot transom mount to get some more detail/separation (down scan/side scan).
Thanks for any info, I'm hoping the garmin 943 is gonna come with some decent maps/charts.

Garmin does not use " navionics platnum ". I've never missed it....Your New Garmin will let you see everything you want to see. The B60 is a cheaper 600watt tilted element X-Ducer. However.....a B60 is Not Chirp....Will it work on your 943 ? Yes.....But it's old school 50 /200 Hz.

Now They could substitute a B75H or say a B75L. To look at these.....You will never know the difference in appearance. They are Chirp.......The only way to tell is the sticker on the cable.....It will ID the X-ducer.

Now....with all that said....I've probably given you a bunch of BS to worry about , that you don't need to.

But this is what you get, when you have Factory or Dealer installed when new electronics. Those people are all Bean Counters.... They put the cheaper stuff that gets them by in. One other thing....You were at the expo playing with that unit....It's a touch screen.....All these manufactures think everyone wants a touch screen, cause their phone is that way. Now pound that boat thru 3ft seas and try and adjust something via touching the screen......Not gonna happen.....You will always touch the Wrong thing.....Then you have to try and back out of that. Why I push knobs. There are Garmins now that have both.

Last edited:
Thanks for the come back, just to be clear you think the B75 would be worth the upgrade from the B60? The B75 was one ducer I was looking at, also the B150 which seems to be less powerful but chirp. The rest are out of my price range for a year or 2. Trolling motor/T-top is more important to me then a 1000.00 ducer.
I hear ya on the touch screen, I'd like at least 1 dial/knob to zoom in or out. It is smaller then I expected so under way it will be near impossible to use the touch screen.
If you could recommend a good ducer for stripers out front and tuna on the midshore grounds(20/30 line ollys/resor wreck out of barnegat). I don't really need 1000'+, 500' would be more then enough. Also clear enough to easily mark out a wreck for drifting/anchoring. I can live w/out side vu, I just want good separation between the bait and the fish. Boat will be trailored for awhile and maybe forever so I can stay w/ the fish. Thanks again man

I live in Fl......We don't Striper Fish. LOL.

Your unit has sideview and Chirp......A B60 will not do either one. So again....They are sticking cheap stuff on there and saying..."Yep has a Fishfinder."

By the way...Airmar had on their site.......Coming Soon.....B60 tilted element X-Ducer. That was decades ago..... I was one of the first to install one.....Way back in the archives there are 8 pages talking about it on The Hull Truth.

Well I asked my dealer about upgrading the transducer. He said they can do it once they receive the boat but parker won't do it. I asked if I could send parker the transducer but he said I should of ordered the boat w/out the unit and had dealer install whatever gps/ducer I wanted...
So for now I will use the stock garmin/b60 and add my 1 year old lowrance hook reveal 7 and triple shot ducer. I found a product called the transom saver which epoxy's some "starboard" to the transom so I don't have to drill any holes in the transom. At least I'll have my waypoints, navionics charts and side scan back. I figure I'll mount the ducer under the swim platform so it's out of sight and kinda protected from docks/pilings since it's about 7"s long. When I decide if the boat is capable enough for me I can see upgrading to a stronger thru hull chirp ducer for the garmin.
Thanks for your time/help warthog

Back