2022 2300

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was speaking with Eric Denton in Parker’s technical department he stated exactly what Cman60 did. He said the 23DV was the boat “we just got right”. He said the length to beam ratio worked out perfect as well as the displacement of the hull. He said in his opinion it’s the best riding boat they ever built.
I have a 1999 23 DV and a 2801 CC. He is right. The 23 DV is the best boat I have ever ridden in for it's size.

I’ve not had the privilege of riding on the 23dv but have the 2501CC not SE and have concluded based on my ride and the ride on other offshore boats like contender and yellowfin that the beam width to length/weight ratio is a critical factor in ride. We love the fish/drift platform but it will be a rough ride on many days even for us weak knee’d SWFL boaters. You guys in the NE can laugh all you want! 😂 generally speaking most other builders don’t get to a 9.5’ beam until the 28’ or higher class boat.

Very impressed with my 2300 DVCC. Perfect mix of stability at drift while still performing well in sporty conditions. And dry! Only real complaint is that it is a bit stern heavy. Four blade prop sus help to raise the stern a bit and helps maintain slower planing speed.

Very impressed with my 2300 DVCC. Perfect mix of stability at drift while still performing well in sporty conditions. And dry! Only real complaint is that it is a bit stern heavy. Four blade prop sus help to raise the stern a bit and helps maintain slower planing speed.
Move the batteries into console. It will no longer be stern heavy when combined with the 4 blade you are running. Trust me it’s a game changer. It runs so flat I’ve considered going back to a 3 blade prop to make lifting the bow easier in a following sea, but the head sea running is do good with the 4 blade I’m torn.

Move the batteries into console. It will no longer be stern heavy when combined with the 4 blade you are running. Trust me it’s a game changer. It runs so flat I’ve considered going back to a 3 blade prop to make lifting the bow easier in a following sea, but the head sea running is do good with the 4 blade I’m torn.

I switched back to a 3 blade after moving my battery’s into the console.

I have a 2008 23 DVCC, I recently bought a 2021 reg 23, I run both boats , I love the Parker it will be hard for me to part with it but I probably will, there are some thing it does better than the regulator. The main thing is it will get up on top of a chop and really run smoothly, Regulators a little bit too heavy to do that. The Parker will bang from time to time pretty hard bang as well, Regulator nearly never ever does that. The parkers is dryer Less tippy, and planes much faster. When it’s rough the regulator is really really nice but I will say that Parker 2300 DVCC is an absolutely great boat

Yeah, there are a few bone jarring slams from time to time in a good head sea, but overall, I have found the 23 DVCC to be a capable sea boat. My plan is to install a bow mount motor (hopefully in the not too far future) which along with the obvious benefits of the motor, would also increase the weight in the bow with the bow mounted motor and its dedicated batteries.

Yeah, there are a few bone jarring slams from time to time in a good head sea, but overall, I have found the 23 DVCC to be a capable sea boat. My plan is to install a bow mount motor (hopefully in the not too far future) which along with the obvious benefits of the motor, would also increase the weight in the bow with the bow mounted motor and its dedicated batteries.
Been there done that. Reach when you’re ready to start, I’ll be happy to provide what help I can.

Back