2022 2300

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jevlach

Reaction score
My 3rd Parker but first 23 CC DV and best riding hull I’ve owned and If I’m not mistaken the last year for this model. Got in just under the wire.

Jim

Attachments

• FC42F088-BDAA-49DA-9CB5-C62A567A3702.jpeg
    FC42F088-BDAA-49DA-9CB5-C62A567A3702.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 6
  • 0C6CE215-69B8-4764-82B5-58EC6A78C1FD.jpeg
    0C6CE215-69B8-4764-82B5-58EC6A78C1FD.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
  • 1ED3A107-18CB-4EC1-86BD-215BA4670755.jpeg
    1ED3A107-18CB-4EC1-86BD-215BA4670755.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
When did you order ? I didn’t think they offered it for 2022. Such a bad idea to discontinue that model.

Last edited:
When did you order ? I didn’t think they offered it for 2022. Such a bad idea to discontinue that model.
July of 21, took delivery last October. Yes I agree, seems they starting to get lots of bad ideas.

nice looking boat!

Are the decks still nice and solid feeling?

Plywood encapsulated with glass still I take?

I have the 2320 version, that hull can handle a lot for a 23 footer at least.

nice looking boat!

Are the decks still nice and solid feeling?

Plywood encapsulated with glass still I take?

I have the 2320 version, that hull can handle a lot for a 23 footer at least.
Thanks! Very solid, the ride is dry and smooth, for the size, and consumption fantastic.

Congrats Jim! Beautiful boat, what is the engine option?

Great boat. I have the same model. If you’re planning on going offshore move the batteries into console from the bilge. This is the most important change to this model and completely changes the ride of this boat. You will not believe how flat the boat rides after moving the batteries into console. A 4 blade prop also gets the stern of this boat up. Larger trim tabs complete the transformation and you can now run 16-18 mph on plane when the conditions get rough. You will have trouble staying on plane at less than 25 mph in stock form. I have owned and ridden in many many different 23-24 ft boats and after the mods I just mentioned this boat in my opinion is number 1 in its class. Solid, has a very soft ride, drifts well and lots of creature comforts. I routinely take this boat 40 miles offshore with no issues. Good luck 👍 dropping this boat and changing their construction techniques were big mistakes at Parker IMO.

Great boat. I have the same model. If you’re planning on going offshore move the batteries into console from the bilge. This is the most important change to this model and completely changes the ride of this boat. You will not believe how flat the boat rides after moving the batteries into console. A 4 blade prop also gets the stern of this boat up. Larger trim tabs complete the transformation and you can now run 16-18 mph on plane when the conditions get rough. You will have trouble staying on plane at less than 25 mph in stock form. I have owned and ridden in many many different 23-24 ft boats and after the mods I just mentioned this boat in my opinion is number 1 in its class. Solid, has a very soft ride, drifts well and lots of creature comforts. I routinely take this boat 40 miles offshore with no issues. Good luck 👍 dropping this boat and changing their construction techniques were big mistakes at Parker IMO.
Thanks, great advice!

I completely agree with Cman60 - moving the batteries to the console and putting on a four blade prop substantially improves the way the boat handles.

My 23 DVCC has a 4.2 L F250 and I put on a PowerTech OFX4 in 15 pitch. A three blade 15 pitch Mercury Mirage Plus also tested well with better top speed but with less stern lift.

A 4.2 L F300 could probably swing a 17 pitch prop just fine.

Last edited:
"best riding hull", isn't the hull design the same as all Parkers and the reason it rides better is because your sitting way further back on a center console vs a Pilot house?

"best riding hull", isn't the hull design the same as all Parkers and the reason it rides better is because your sitting way further back on a center console vs a Pilot house?

The 23s are an 8’6” beam, the 25s are 9’6”. The common theory is that the length:beam ratio for the 23s leads to a better ride than that of the 25s.

The 23s are an 8’6” beam, the 25s are 9’6”. The common theory is that the length:beam ratio for the 23s leads to a better ride than that of the 25s.
I have heard the opposite. I have heard the 2520 xld rides better than the 2320sc pilot house boats I'm talking about. Heavier and longer hulls normally ride better.

I have heard the opposite. I have heard the 2520 xld rides better than the 2320sc pilot house boats I'm talking about. Heavier and longer hulls normally ride better.
We are comparing apple and oranges in this thread. This was a 2300 dv thread not a pilot house thread. The statement was the 2300 dv is the best riding hull. This usually describes the ride into a head sea and the narrower the beam relative to the length with all other hull design elements the same the narrower hull will ride better with less pounding. In general a cc will also ride better vs the pilot as already said due to the captains location further aft which always gives you a better ride which is why your stern seats always have the best ride.

We are comparing apple and oranges in this thread. This was a 2300 dv thread not a pilot house thread. The statement was the 2300 dv is the best riding hull. This usually describes the ride into a head sea and the narrower the beam relative to the length with all other hull design elements the same the narrower hull will ride better with less pounding. In general a cc will also ride better vs the pilot as already said due to the captains location further aft which always gives you a better ride which is why your stern seats always have the best ride.
Isnt the hull in the 23 center console the same hull as the 2320 sc pilot house?

When I was speaking with Eric Denton in Parker’s technical department he stated exactly what Cman60 did. He said the 23DV was the boat “we just got right”. He said the length to beam ratio worked out perfect as well as the displacement of the hull. He said in his opinion it’s the best riding boat they ever built.

Back