2100CC 225 four stroke prop help

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James I

Reaction score
I just repowered my 1995 2100 CC with a Mercury 225 V6 four stroke. Love the motor but expected some better performance numbers. Running a mirage plus 15P and my top end was 5700 RPM’s and 40MPH. I expected a little bit better than this and was hoping someone out there had a similar setup and could offer some prop advice. I’m most interested in a fast and efficient cruise rather than top end. I’ve read that the enertia ecos can help cruise and MPG, but I was hoping to find some comparison numbers before I drop that kind of money on a propellor. Thanks I’m advance for any and all help!

Is this the new v6 225 from Mercury or a Yamaha-rebranded Mercury 225 v6 4-stroke. Or something in between?

Without knowing the exact engine and gear ratio, it's hard to make a prop recommendation. But normally the Mercury Mirage is an excellent prop on the heavy Parker hull. The big blade area serves the Parker hull well.

40mph on a 21ft Parker is quite slow from 225 horses. My first inclination is that your motor is mounted too low and you have excessive drag robbing speed.

It’s the new 3.4L 225 V6. It’s possible it’s still a little low, but when trimmed all the way up I can see the top of the cavitation plate. I was under the assumption that was the correct height.

Back