2100CC DV

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stretch

Reaction score
For a couple of years I have been considering 20-21 ft. center consoles. I prefer three-piece construction and forward seating and I always liked the Parker 21 DV but then they dropped it from the model line. I thought about the Regulator 21 but the price was quite high for a 21 (and that model was discontinued also) and the new Steiger 21 Long Beach DV.

Now it appears that Parker has resurrected the 2100CC DV for 2007. Are there any owners out there who will respond to my questions?

Wait 'til TomS chimes in. He has a 21' deep-V from their last mold run and the boat is a TANK! She runs offshore really well. Plus Tom also fishes on a Regulator so he can do some comparison or offer insights between the 2 boats.

Welcome aboard ClassicParker :D !

As Dale mentioned, I have a 1999 21' DVCC and absolutely love it after 2 seasons of use.

Mine is set up perfectly for the fishing that I do, with a leaning post / livewell combo, no T-Top, no bow rail, and no forward seating. There is another member here (JeffG) who has the 21' DVCC with a T-Top and the forward seating.

Fire away with any questions you have. I would highly recommend the boat, the combination of 21* deadrise, Carolina bow flare and high center console provides a great, very dry ride in chop and top speed around 42-43 mph with my 200HP Yamaha 0x66 EFI.

Its a great compromise between similarly sized in-shore 12-14* mod-V boats and dedicated offshore 24* deadrise boats.

I've got a bunch of pics of the boat on my webpage: http://tomsheehy.home.comcast.net/

-- Tom

Thanks for the prompt replies. Here are a few questions for now and certainly there will be more later:

1. Since I like the performance of two-stroke engines, I would probably order the boat with Yamaha 200 HPDI power but I would also like to know if the cockpit of the 2100 DV will still drain properly with the additional 120 +/- lbs. of the Yamaha F225.

2. It appears from Parker's specs that the boat comes standard with just one battery. Also, the options list does not include dual batteries or a battery switch. Where is the standard battery located and what did you guys do to gain the reliability of a dual battery system?

3. How is the bilge access for installing a redundant bilge pump and a thru-hull or in-hull depth transducer?

4. What is the maximum height dimension of GPS and fish finder units in the console electronics box?

5. What is the size of Parker's standard Lenco trim tabs on the 2100 DV?

Thanks again.

Stretch,

I'll answer your questions as best I can, given the 1999 version of my boat, and the way it was rigged when I purchased it in the winter 2004.

1) Mine is rigged with a 200HP Yamaha 0X66. According to the manual, it weighs in at 463 pounds. The listed weight of the 200HPDI is 475 pounds, versus 583 for the F225. I have absolutely no problems with 200HP on my boat, and would actually prefer the 200HPDI for the reduced weight and I'm assuming lower cost.

Since you are thinking about dual batteries and weight distribution, etc.. one option might be to mount the batteries underneath the console, which would shift around 75 pounds forward and negate some of the extra weight of the F225 if you went that route. You could probably mount the remote oil reservoir in the console as well, for a little more weight savings. Mounting the batteries in the console would open up the aft seats for storage, etc.

If its any consolation, I'm sure there has been several occassions when I've had at least two people (~400 pounds) back between the leaning post and the engine and haven't had any problems with water coming into the boat.

2) Not sure what is 'standard' rigging these days, but my boat came with two marine batteries, one installed in each of the aft cockpit seatbox. There is a Perko battery switch in the starboard seatbox, along with the hydraulic trim tab pump.

3) Bilge access is very good. There is a big hatch directly in front of the motor that provides access. I believe the hatch is 23" x 13". The entire area between the hatch/cockpit floor and the hull is open, so you have plenty of room for 2 bilge pumps. There is also a shelf directly below the hatch that holds the remote oil reservoir and has space for a couple of milk crates if needed. I would guesstimate that the distance between the hatch and the hull is around 2', and its all wide open. Definitely not an issue on this boat.

4) I don't have the exact inside dimensions from the 'ceiling' to the 'floor' of the inside of the electronics cabinet, but I do know that the dimensions of the opening are roughly 9" x 30". Here is a pic of my setup, with a Garmin 182 GPS on the left and a Raymarine DS500 on the right, to give you something to compare with.

DSCF0016.jpg

5) Can't help you on the stock trim-tabs. Mine came with Insta-Trim BoatLevelers. I have no idea what size they are, but they work well enough.

-- Tom

Thanks for the info, Tom. Parker installs 100% Lenco electric tabs now--no hydraulic pump. I believe I am correct that they install 12 X 12 tabs across the board and that has been a sore point with the owners of larger Parker models for whom the 12 X 12 size seemed too small. For a 21-footer like the 2100 DV, however, the 12 X 12 tabs should be plenty adequate.

What are the chrome handles on each end of the opening into your console electronics box?

Stretch":1ralud33 said:
What are the chrome handles on each end of the opening into your console electronics box?

Useless? :)

Too small to get your fingers in there if I remember correctly, because they are mounted right up against the starboard 'trim' around the opening of the console.. I honestly don't know what they are for.

-- Tom

Hey, I have not been around for a little while (it's beer brewing season, not boating).

Your first question is a good one and I have some concerns about it myself since I will need to repower someday. I have a '96 Johnson Oceanrunner. I have two batteries in the starboard battery box and with two people back there i have no drainage issues at all. I would be concerned with the weight of a big four stroke hanging off the back though. I emailed Parker directly about this and as of last year they were still recommending the 200 hpdi. I think 200 hp is plenty of power anyways, but when I do repower I will go with the lightest engine possible (either an HPDI or an ETEC).

I do not have a console electronics box (I wish I did) as I have the old console. I think the bilge access is great and I had Bennett tabs installed last year (M120s). The hydraulic pump is mounted in the bilge but there is still room to get at everything else. I think 12x12 would be fine.

Overall I think it is a great boat. Mine is a 1996 and it looks a lot newer. The original owner babied it and I have been fishing it pretty hard and it is a tank.

Incidentally, I logged a ton of time on a Regulator 21 prior to getting my current boat. They are very similar. The Parker is longer and wider and feels a littel bigger to me, but the finish on the Regulator was nicer and the in-deck stoarage was very nice. The ride was totally comparable.

my wife loves the forward seating and I mostly fish from the stern while I run the boat so I think it's a good option for some additional storage.

There are some pictures on here of my boat if you search under my name.

If I had cash to burn I think I'd get a 2300 with a full tansom, low cut bow rail and a livewell and I'd have damn near close to a perfect boat....

I also run a 21DVCC and the boat is and absolute tank,I should know cause I run the hell out of mine :D .Great boat for all around fishing it rides and fishes like a 23 footer.Mine is a 99 w/200 yammie on the back and its plenty of motor for this boat,I also have a hardT-Top and leaning post with livewell under.I was talking to the Parker eng. the other wk about some repairs on my boat,and asked him about this model and he stated that they were going to start manf. this model again,but he gave me no other specifics.If you can find a DV model jump on it,they are hard to find and one hell of a boat.

Hey Stretch, the 2100 DVCC is available again new in 2007 model year and offered with F150 F200 or F225. Capt Brad

Back