2120 200HP Suzuki setup

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

92banana

Reaction score
Hi
Just got my 04 2120 repowered with a new 200HP Suzuki.
Dealer mounted motor in lowest holes. Having trouble finding best prop.
Dealer installed 15.25 x 22 4 blade stainless. Only hit 5000 RPMs
Tried 14.5 X19 4 blades aluminum Solas. Hit 6150 RPMs. 32 mph
Tried 14 x 21 4 blade aluminum Solas. 5850 RPMs about 33 mph.
Performance is disappointing. Numbers were with full fuel and just driver with minimal gear. Need prop advice from 2120 owners with 200HP Suzuki. Also how how is your motor mounted? thanks

I'm dealing with the same thing and just received another prop 3x15x21..Will be running today. Mounted on the second hole from the top. another user here had his in the middle with the prop mentioned (3x15x21)

Will test with 2 passengers sitting in the back and bait tank running.
If this doesn't get me out of the hole I will be putting the motor on the middle hole & test again.

I will report back.

I'm dealing with the same thing and just received another prop 3x15x21..Will be running today. Mounted on the second hole from the top. another user here had his in the middle with the prop mentioned (3x15x21)

Will test with 2 passengers sitting in the back and bait tank running.
If this doesn't get me out of the hole I will be putting the motor on the middle hole & test again.

I will report back.
I will raise my motor one hole as soon as I get a chance. Seems it should help. Your prop is the one I wanted to try. Could not find one locally. Good luck. thanks

Tested the new prop out and got me out of the hole sooooo much better. However, I will still be putting the motor to the middle hole after talking to a parker dealer & Suzuki master mechanic this morning. I was able to spin 6000~ RPM fully weighed down as if I was going fishing, bait tank, helium tank etc etc.

Last edited:
I as well had issues finding the correct prop for my same 2120/DF200A set up. Boat came wits a 3x15x21. Boat pounded, and with 3 guys and a full 30 gal live well Boat would not plane. Tried a couple 4 blades to no avail. Ended up with a Watergrip 3x16x17. Incredible difference in performance. Boat can now hold 5 guys and full live well and plane out at 5300 rpm. WOT is around 6100, ride is way smoother as well. I think the reason the 4 blade shaves so much off the top end is due to the fact that the inline 4 engine doesn't have enough torque to spin the extra blade material. With the 200 the boat is definitely not underpowered as with a 150, but prop selection is critical to get these boats riding right. They can support a lot of weight and are not really stern heavy with the right prop and bigger-than-stock tabs.

Raised motor to second hole. Installed Suzuki 3X15.25X19 stainless.
5950 RPMs 38 mph with full tank and just me. No cavitation trimmed way up. Maybe could raise one more hole.

I re powered my 08 2120 with the 200 Suzuki last July, prop is 3x16x18.5, tops out at 5800 rpm at 35 kts, mounted second from the top, holes shot not much different then the old f150 but once up she wants to run and pushes the bow down (150 never came close to that always was bow high)

Back