2120 grows to 2530

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

07vtgt

Reaction score
Our 2120, which I found on the forums here in June 2010 ended up on steroids this winter and has grown a little bit. The new owner of the 2120 is the same person who introduced me to the pilot house boats we came to love. With a very Irish heritage and 2 little ones with a propensity for sunburns the cabins have been fabulous in the lower Chesapeake Bay. We had talked of being able to "camp" on the boat and were talking about tents and other options for the back deck but the 2530 give you plenty of options for camping with the table turn berth on the port side. I have long enjoyed reading the forums here and the help they provide but am not normally a big poster as I don't have as much knowledge/pictures to share. As everyone loves pictures I have added some old vs new. There is a good chance both boats can be seen together around Hampton Roads, VA at Hospital Point of The Narrows in VA Beach.

Attachments

• 2120 Dock.jpg
    2120 Dock.jpg
    490.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 2120 Hanging.jpg
    2120 Hanging.jpg
    439.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 2530 2120.jpg
    2530 2120.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 2530.jpg
    2530.jpg
    394.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Departing.jpg
    Departing.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 82
  • 2530 Rear.jpg
    2530 Rear.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 78
Our 2120, which I found on the forums here in June 2010 ended up on steroids this winter and has grown a little bit. The new owner of the 2120 is the same person who introduced me to the pilot house boats we came to love. With a very Irish heritage and 2 little ones with a propensity for sunburns the cabins have been fabulous in the lower Chesapeake Bay. We had talked of being able to "camp" on the boat and were talking about tents and other options for the back deck but the 2530 give you plenty of options for camping with the table turn berth on the port side. I have long enjoyed reading the forums here and the help they provide but am not normally a big poster as I don't have as much knowledge/pictures to share. As everyone loves pictures I have added some old vs new. There is a good chance both boats can be seen together around Hampton Roads, VA at Hospital Point of The Narrows in VA Beach.
Beautiful boat, and nice picture! Thank you for posting them... The 2530's were hard to find four years ago when we got he 2520. If there had been a good-shape 2530 available, it would have been on top of the list...

07VTGT,

Congrats on the new boat! She's a real looker! I too boat around the southern Chesapeake (hailing from Chuckatuck Creek in Suffolk), so I may see you on the water. Enjoy the new ride!

Cap'n Dan

Thanks guys. We have enjoyed our first 7 hours this spring since getting the boat in March. Yet another advantage of the Cabin is we were able to get out in mid March to visit with my dad as he came through northbound for Annapolis. We love parker boats and can't see getting anything else, nevermind the fact that the creek wont support much more draft than the 25 at low tides. As most people say "this is our last boat". I never really saw getting rid of the 21 except for the 2530. My wife always said "why add 2 ft when you could add 4" so I think she was trying to skip moving up twice.

Dan,

I have been up Chuckatuck creek several times. We rode by a few house in 2018 when we were looking to move to the water and make boating easier (No trailers or lines at boat ramps). I grew up in Bennet's Creek Landing so I am very familiar with the Chuckatuck area. We are off the Western Branch of the Elizabeth River now back under the west norfolk bridge. Hope to see you around as well.

Both are great looking boats. Congrats on the 2530. What year is she? She looks to have the new engine bracket; but, no hump for the wire chase in the roof.

Congrats on the new ride! My 2530 lives up in Delaware, but the 1700 is in Norfolk. I'll be sure to wave if I see you out on the bay!

Side note, with all the southern VA Parker owners on here we may need to set up a rendezvous for sometime during the summer...🤔

Boat is a 2019 leftover. It doesn’t have the T plates in the roof making wire routing etc a bit more difficult. I think that the lack of production for the 2530 has led to minimal updates of molds etc. Just based on my evaluations of this boat the reason it sat on the lot for two years is it lacks the transom fish boxes, cabin doesn’t have some of the modern 2520 upgrades (T roof cable routes). What we were looking for it works. Definitely isn’t wholly set up for fishing. Deck size is the same as the 2120 which worked for us fishing but the bigger cabin provides options for camping or ICW travels. We probably are not the typical Parker owner as we cruise/sandbar more than fish but the boat is solid and can fish when needed. The 2120 made a trip or two to the Gulf Stream and we picked up a sail on it so that’s not out of the picture for the new one.
A Hampton Roads meetup/flaotilla sounds like a great idea to me this summer in the southern Bay Area. We always love seeing Parkers around.

Attachments

• 44431F74-B36F-4A79-8C0F-CA8071B9E901.jpeg
    44431F74-B36F-4A79-8C0F-CA8071B9E901.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 13
As a note Andy, I am not sure we have passed your place specifically in the past but my dad and his group from the Annapolis area head south every year to north myrtle beach to winter over. I have gone north one year and south another with him down the ICW so I think we have come up and down the ditch close to you at least. They are in much larger boats than our Parkers but still fun to run the ditch.

Boat is a 2019 leftover. It doesn’t have the T plates in the roof making wire routing etc a bit more difficult. I think that the lack of production for the 2530 has led to minimal updates of molds etc. Just based on my evaluations of this boat the reason it sat on the lot for two years is it lacks the transom fish boxes, cabin doesn’t have some of the modern 2520 upgrades (T roof cable routes). What we were looking for it works. Definitely isn’t wholly set up for fishing. Deck size is the same as the 2120 which worked for us fishing but the bigger cabin provides options for camping or ICW travels. We probably are not the typical Parker owner as we cruise/sandbar more than fish but the boat is solid and can fish when needed. The 2120 made a trip or two to the Gulf Stream and we picked up a sail on it so that’s not out of the picture for the new one.
A Hampton Roads meetup/flaotilla sounds like a great idea to me this summer in the southern Bay Area. We always love seeing Parkers around.
We love to run down the ICW to Manteo. Great little town with plenty to do, nice restaurants and some good places to stay. Been doing it just about every year for a good while, although we missed last year due to Covid and other comittments. Haven't done it in the 2520 yet, we usually go with our piermates on their 2320. The first time we cruised to Manteo, we went in the 1800 (with another couple in their boat) and stayed at the Roanoke Island Inn B&B. Crossing the Albemarle got a litlle sporty on the way back with a good 20 mph Northwesterly blowing! As far as a meet-up/rendezvous, that sounds like a lot of fun.

Cap'n Dan

As a note Andy, I am not sure we have passed your place specifically in the past but my dad and his group from the Annapolis area head south every year to north myrtle beach to winter over. I have gone north one year and south another with him down the ICW so I think we have come up and down the ditch close to you at least. They are in much larger boats than our Parkers but still fun to run the ditch.
Hi 07vtgt, You are correct! I'm looking at the ICW from the upper areas of our home. We are in the canal on the north side of Pungo Creek, (off the Pungo River) one mile into the creek from the #3 Green. When you all are passing through the area I am always willing and able to assist, and/or would enjoy meeting up with fellow CP'er!... We used to be 'cruisers' and spent a lot of time in the Chesapeake. In 1986 we bought our CT 35 Sundeck at Dozier Dockyard in Deltaville. And 4 years ago we bought our Parker 2520 XLD that was on a lift at Cockrell Marine Railway near Heathsville in Northern Neck, off the Potomac River. Brought it home in February with ice on the decks (but warm and cozy in the pilothouse!)...

Back