2120 Parker Battery Size

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Costamesaspearo

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just picked up a 2006 2120 Parker with a 200 Yamaha and 45 gallon pacific edge bait tank. Was curious about battery size, will group 31 fit in the battery boxes? What is the stock size they normally come with?

So I just look at the sizes of my 27 batteries comparing to a 31.

Group 31- 9.5hx13Lx6.75W
group 27 - 9.375hx12.5Lx6.75w

overall the it's 1/2" difference, I never bother looking at the tray but there are plenty of room under the seats. Worse case you need a new battery tray.

So I just look at the sizes of my 27 batteries comparing to a 31.

Group 31- 9.5hx13Lx6.75W
group 27 - 9.375hx12.5Lx6.75w

overall the it's 1/2" difference, I never bother looking at the tray but there are plenty of room under the seats. Worse case you need a new battery tray.

Great! That’s the info I was looking for! Thanks again

31's do not normally fit the stock battery tray.....Speaking of battery trays.....Those cheap plastic tray with the strap are Junk......

They allow the battery to move withing the tray....Think about your boat bouncing thru the water.....You've never watch your battery at that time....But I guarantee it's moving around......It's the worst thing for a battery. I use these.
att-9090-5_lg__28832.1558143452.jpg

Just installed a Lifeline GP31XT in a Camco battery tray: Amazon.com. There are a couple other options using tie down rods and brackets rather than straps; this one fit my application best.
Your bigger concern should be whether your batteries are properly separated into a cranking and a house battery. Best way to do that is with a BEP cluster. There’s not much point in over sizing your cranking battery above the manufacturer’s specifications. But with the livewell pump running, especially with the engine shut off, you may realize substantial benefit in increasing your house battery size.

Back