2120 vs 23 pilot house

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrammo

Reaction score
I have a 2120 now thinking about upgrading to the 23 pilothouse. Is it worth it. How much of a difference in the ride can I expect. Are there any other upsides to updrading. Any feed back would be appreciated.
Thanks

My 2320Ec or 2330 is a 1994 and ride is great. It has a larger cabin and tuna door. It would make a great dive boat. Ladder is Armstrong pogo stick type but better ones are available.

If the F225 is replaced then mounting 300.

Where are you located?

Is it worth it? I dunno know. I want a 2530 but got sticker shock so upgrading my boat this year. Still looking. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a 2320 and I am beginning to think that the ride is not what most people buy a Parker for, frankly it sucks.

When I looked at them all side by side the 2320 and the 2120 can't really be compared. It may only be 2' on paper but the cockpit in the 2320 is probably 4' or more larger in reality due to the platform and full transom. The 2320 is more comparable to the 25' than the 21.

I was in your exact position for the last 2-3 years. I held onto the 21 until I could spring for the 25 (2530 in my case). I couldn’t find enough differences beyond the closed transom/bracket (which is a MAJOR difference- don’t get me wrong) to go 21 to 23.

Everything in front of the closed in transom and that extra 12” of deck space back there on the 2320 is identical between the 2120 and the 2320. There is zero difference in the cabins and the entire front of the boat of the 2320 and 2120.

I appreciate the feedback. I may just keep the 2120 unless a deal comes by I can’t refuse. Doesn’t seem like the 23 will offer me much more besides the closed transom vs the open transom with I don’t mind.

same hull,same cabin,I have a 2120 put the Armstrong bracket on it took out the battery box made a full cabinet at the back of the transom ,same boat as the 2320 in measurements in the cockpit.Too much competition to make a full transom in the 21 on the 23 model ,probably would not sell.

bigmac":18x9dlsg said:
same hull,same cabin,I have a 2120 put the Armstrong bracket on it took out the battery box made a full cabinet at the back of the transom ,same boat as the 2320 in measurements in the cockpit.Too much competition to make a full transom in the 21 on the 23 model ,probably would not sell.

Pics of your project please! I know theres another guy on here who's done it... sounds cool

How did the go after the bracket was installed?

Do have any pictures of the bracket on your 2120. And dose it ride better?
Pics of your project please! I know theres another guy on here who's done it... sounds cool
i have a 2120 and thinking of installing an Armstrong bracket. Did it ride better after the bracket?

OP: I went from a 2120 which I loved to a 2830 which was too big. I just bought a new Parker 2320, and wow. She is just right.
MASSIVE cockpit.
GREAT fuel economy ( fishing load: 2.0mgp)
Can easily fish 3 plus me.
She's fast
Finally there is 36 extra gallons of fuel ( increased range over the 2120).

To answer your question, The 2320 is a totally different boat than the 2120. I will say, the 2120 seems to have a better ride. But, the 2320 is very comfortable, smooth, just a joy to operate. The livewell in the transom and the insulated transom ice box open up great space inside the cockpit of the 2320.

I have a 2120 now thinking about upgrading to the 23 pilothouse. Is it worth it. How much of a difference in the ride can I expect. Are there any other upsides to updrading. Any feed back would be appreciated.
Thanks
To compare the cockpit of those two models, with the bracket, dive door, and live well, ice box design of the 2320 it's a huge winner. Not to mention the F300.
Depending on your location, there are some Parker dealers in the NE that tend to have larger inventories (or at least - used to... lol). Point being - seeing those models lined up directly, side-by-side, can be really helpful.
We crawled around those two models at boat shows, also took every opportunity to do test drives that soem of the NE dealers offer as scheduled events, for about a year and then made our mind finally last summer during a small-ish boat show in Tom River, NJ area. NJ OUtboards had numerous SC Parkers on display, side by side. It was eye opening, really, and helped us make a decision.
There are very few trailerable fishing boats with the capabilities of the 2320, overall.

--

I have a 2320 and I've been on my buddies 2120, you can feel the difference with deck space, especially out here on the west coast where we stick big ass bait tanks on them. Mine is a 65g. I think the 2320 is supposed to ride better because of the bracket, but I didn't drive his boat to get the true feel. Most of the parkers out here I'd say split about 80/20 between the 2320/2120. The only downside of 2520 other than the huge jump in price due to dual motors (I think that's the main driver), is the fuel economy drops a pretty fair amount. If you are not running far, maybe not a deal, but I've made 250-mile trips on my boat a number of times.

Do have any pictures of the bracket on your 2120. And dose it ride better?

i have a 2120 and thinking of installing an Armstrong bracket. Did it ride better after the bracket?
It’s a 21se works great better ride

It’s a 21 SE made a big difference in the ride and the performance on the water

Attachments

• 09ACE82D-C6CE-4A1C-BE0B-D4478591DEFA.jpeg
    09ACE82D-C6CE-4A1C-BE0B-D4478591DEFA.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 46
  • 299E3525-C568-4667-8C3E-53868CD02603.jpeg
    299E3525-C568-4667-8C3E-53868CD02603.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 44
I put together this comparison a couple of years ago when I was considering upgrading from a 2120 to a 2320. There is no comparison on deck space.

My 2007 2120 did not have the livewell in front of the notched transom and a lot of water came over the notch, especially if you had 3-4 guys fishing.

Super happy with the upgrade in my case. Love the extra space, the closed transom, and double the HP.

Attachments

• Parkers.jpg
    Parkers.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 65
I put together this comparison a couple of years ago when I was considering upgrading from a 2120 to a 2320. There is no comparison on deck space.

My 2007 2120 did not have the livewell in front of the notched transom and a lot of water came over the notch, especially if you had 3-4 guys fishing.

Super happy with the upgrade in my case. Love the extra space, the closed transom, and double the HP.
In my limited experience, the 2320 DV is no doubt a better ride except maybe for "relative comfort".

Your picture illustrates it quite nicely.

Compared to the 2120, the 2320 helm is located a few feet further fore of the "fulcrum" (outboard leg); therefore, there can be more vertical movement at the helm of a 2320 in spite of overall more capable ride, in most conditions.

--

Last edited:
Whatever model you choose, get the Seaspension pedestal. I can't imagine the ride without one.

I also added Propedestals under the bench and this greatly improves the ride for the crew. I did this with both the 2120 and the 2320.Bench.JPGPedestal.JPG

Back