21SE on Trailer Cockeye

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jgro808

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy sunday everyone,

I'll say I honestly feel a little funny even asking this one, but here we go. I got my boat pulled out of the water this afternoon (normally on a lift) to go in for service tomorrow morning early. I was single dad duty so I only had a quick window when the neighbor could help out and the tide was pretty low. At any rate, we successfully got the boat out of the water but it's resting on one of the lifting strakes on the bunk.

Normally I'd readjust, but I didn't have a lot of time and the tide/ramp was a bit precarious so I left it. Do you think it's ok sitting like that for a few days while it's in for service (the dealer is only about 10 miles away)? I don't see it doing any harm and if I were going a long distance I would definitely readjust, but I've got a busy schedule tomorrow to include dropping it at the dealer and if I can get a warm and fuzzy about how it's sitting right now.

Thanks for the input.

Sorry my OCD got the better of me and I dunked it real quick to readjust this morning before heading to the shop. I think it would have been ok but oh well....it just had that step in the hull resting on the bunk. Thanks anyway

Happy sunday everyone,

I'll say I honestly feel a little funny even asking this one, but here we go. I got my boat pulled out of the water this afternoon (normally on a lift) to go in for service tomorrow morning early. I was single dad duty so I only had a quick window when the neighbor could help out and the tide was pretty low. At any rate, we successfully got the boat out of the water but it's resting on one of the lifting strakes on the bunk.

Normally I'd readjust, but I didn't have a lot of time and the tide/ramp was a bit precarious so I left it. Do you think it's ok sitting like that for a few days while it's in for service (the dealer is only about 10 miles away)? I don't see it doing any harm and if I were going a long distance I would definitely readjust, but I've got a busy schedule tomorrow to include dropping it at the dealer and if I can get a warm and fuzzy about how it's sitting right now.

Thanks for the input.
Just my 2cents.... Get a good nights sleep; it will be fine! There are countless boats that rest on the 'strakes' on the trailers and/or on the boat-lifts; and are on the lifts, resting on the 'strakes' long term....
If wrong, I'm sure I will be 'corrected' and/or educated here on CP, but the strakes are often the strongest part of the hull.

Back