2300 DVCC repowered with Suzuki 300 what prop?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outboard height is hard to determine from this pic. Long straight edge will give you an idea where its at. Have you run this in the water yet? You need to know prop you have and what this motors Max rpm range is and if you can reach that with the current prop, sorta like a baseline/starting point then go from there.

The boat has not been wet yet. I have been in touch with another CP member with the same set up and he has his motor mounted higher, running the same prop so I think I might call and get the marina to left it before I launch. Always appreciate helpful comments - thank you

Last edited:
Also interested in the same information. I'm about to repower mine. I have a 2003 2300DVCC with the 4 stroke 225 Yamaha (less than 250 hours - believe it or not). If anyone who has this boat with a 300 Suzuki, I'd be interested in your motor particulars - 25"? What are your prop particulars - what # blades, diameter and pitch (16", 3 blade, 21 pitch)? Also if you don't mind, what performance specs do you have (e.g. top speed and mpg at whatever cruising speed)?

Lastly, is there any market for my used 225 - it's the first gen Yamaha prone to corrosion problems in the intermediate section exhaust baffle plates, but no issues with mine. I'm religious about flushing and have owned it since 26 hours on the motor. It runs perfectly and I have full maintenance records along with 2 SS Powertech props. Anyone have an idea what the old motor is worth?

Also interested in the same information. I'm about to repower mine. I have a 2003 2300DVCC with the 4 stroke 225 Yamaha (less than 250 hours - believe it or not). If anyone who has this boat with a 300 Suzuki, I'd be interested in your motor particulars - 25"? What are your prop particulars - what # blades, diameter and pitch (16", 3 blade, 21 pitch)? Also if you don't mind, what performance specs do you have (e.g. top speed and mpg at whatever cruising speed)?

Lastly, is there any market for my used 225 - it's the first gen Yamaha prone to corrosion problems in the intermediate section exhaust baffle plates, but no issues with mine. I'm religious about flushing and have owned it since 26 hours on the motor. It runs perfectly and I have full maintenance records along with 2 SS Powertech props. Anyone have an idea what the old motor is worth?
Yes, there is a market for used outboards, ask you installer or list on Craigs , be reasonable with the price and it will be gone.

300 zuke mounted with two holes showing (top) swinging 16x18.5 Suzuki 3 blade. Holds plane down to 3300 rpms. Full of fuel 155 gal and a few people on board she turns 5800 light she’s 6100 rpm motor is a huge step up from 2004 yamaha 225 and there is almost no weight difference. I’ve seen 43 knots light on the gps. The hull comes alive!! Honestly though what I enjoy most is 3800-4100 and running 24-26 knots completely flat with zero tabs. This motor has changed this hull

Thanks RalphCFP.

To anyone else - . I understand the Suzuki props are silly expensive and they have the classic hub design. I'm leaning on Powertech since I like their simple hard plastic/polymer insert. You can replace the insert at sea, it's only $20 (have one currently).

Any input?

Nope....Run the Suzuki Stainless prop......a 16in dia. Power tech's are the Redheaded Step child.

Back