2300DV Rear Hatches - Best cleaner?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gman1001

Reaction score
The one large rectangular floor hatch and the two large squarish hatches on my stern bulkhead look TERRIBLE. They pickup the slightest dirt and hold onto it forever. I've tried all kinds of soap, pressure washer etc... No luck.

Pretty sure I can't paint these things. Am I stuck buying new or do any of you have a sneaky solution to get these things looking nice?

I've always had good results with the pressure washer. Sometimes you just need to get a little closer with the tip. You may need to get a little aggressive with some chemical solution. Once clean I put a sealer on it to repel water and dirt.

On my boat, I have had the best results with a medium or soft brush and some soap or bleach.

pressure wash.
spray on bleach solution like clorox cleanup.
leave in the sun for a couple hours …:)

Use Soft Scrub, the kind with bleach, and a brush. Apply generously, let marinate in the sun for 10 minutes, light scrub and rinse well. I'm not sure what could be used to seal it but that sounds like a great idea. Maybe Woody Wax to seal?

Be careful with bleach products. It will corrode wiring if it gets in your bilge. Sea Star anti slip deck cleaner works great on my boat.

If it’s weathered it will quickly pick up dirt again. Look at the markings and buy new if you can find or buy little bigger and cut new opening. Seal it including old screw holes with epoxy. You will be all set for years. Order almond colored hatch.

I assume these are the hatches you are speaking of. If so, I use Starbrite deck cleaner. Wet them, then spray Starbrite on, let it sit for 5 minutes then brush, rinse well with clean water.

Attachments

• ADFC6F21-0CDA-49E8-962F-A6CBD81E3ED0.jpeg
    ADFC6F21-0CDA-49E8-962F-A6CBD81E3ED0.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
Back