2300DV Trailering?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gman1001

Reaction score
Just bought a 2300DV w/ Yami 250... Prev. owner redid the double axel trailer and chose to not install brakes on either axel.

I get brakes are a constant failure point with salt water dipped trailers, but I wish trailer had brakes. I pick up the boat soon and will be trailering with my Toyota Tundra which is well rated for the weight of the boat but I still wish the trailer had pulse brakes.

Anyone share their experience trailering this boat?

I trailer mine with a dual axle trailer with 5200 pound axles pulled by a 2011 Tundra. You definitely need brakes (more so, they are required by law given the weight). My rig trailers well and also stops well. I tow mine at least 3000 miles a year.

I have DeeMax full stainless caliper and slip-on disks with a Dexter EOH pump and a Tekonsha P3 controller in the truck. My trailer also has poly brake lines rather than steel. Electric over hydraulic is a bit more expensive but is a much better system that provides more control and better braking.

Brakes are trouble-free if 1) all the components are stainless steel and high quality, and 2) you maintain them by greasing the slide pins ever couple of years and replacing the pads when worn.

The installation of brakes will depend on the mounting flanges on your axles. Plan your install and get high-quality components and the system will be reliable. Most reliability problems begin with components not designed for corrosive conditions (aka cheap stuff).

Feel free to ask any questions.

Last edited:
You'll be glad to have brakes on at least 1 axle. 2 would be even better. I towed a 2300 DVCC with a F350 7.3 and was glad I had brakes on both axles.

I've had a few problems with Kodiak brakes. Never had any problems with DeeMaxx including on my current trailer.

I trailer mine with a dual axle trailer with 5200 pound axles pulled by a 2011 Tundra. You definitely need brakes (more so, they are required by law given the weight). My rig trailers well and also stops well. I tow mine at least 3000 miles a year.

I have DeeMax full stainless caliper and slip-on disks with a Dexter EOH pump and a Tekonsha P3 controller in the truck. My trailer also has poly brake lines rather than steel. Electric over hydraulic is a bit more expensive but is a much better system that provides more control and better braking.

Brakes are trouble-free if 1) all the components are stainless steel and high quality, and 2) you maintain them by greasing the slide pins ever couple of years and replacing the pads when worn.

The installation of brakes will depend on the mounting flanges on your axles. Plan your install and get high-quality components and the system will be reliable. Most reliability problems begin with components not designed for corrosive conditions (aka cheap stuff).

Feel free to ask any questions.

What do you estimate for a weight of your boat/motor combo? Assume 1/2 tank gas and gear. Is 5,000 lbs accurate?

I have a 2300se, T-top, F200, Trolling motor. On a 5200 trailer( ~1k lbs) i would estimate the weight to be ~ 5500lbs with a full tank on my trailer. I tow with a F150 rated to tow 11,000lbs. There is a big difference between pulling a weight and towing down the highway safely @65mph. I've towed up and down the east coast, for my truck and my comfort level I wouldn't tow over 6500lbs. I think a 23 dvcc is ~ 900lbs more than a 23se. Hope this helps..

Also, I would check with the DMV in the states that you want to tow, many require brakes with weight > 3k lbs.

What do you estimate for a weight of your boat/motor combo? Assume 1/2 tank gas and gear. Is 5,000 lbs accurate?

I have not weighed my boat, but I would estimate 7500 total with gear (I have a raft, custom fiberglass t-top, a lot of fishing gear aboard, radar, etc.) and half a tank of fuel, including the trailer.

Note that a full tank of fuel all by itself is 150 gals x 6.5 lbs per gal = 975 pounds. One of the tires on my rig is about 50 pounds and there are five. Weight adds up fast.

I know for sure that a trailer with dual 3500 pound axles would not be enough as it would give a carrying capacity around 6200 pounds at best. YMMV

I have a 2002 2320 with an EZ Loader trailer rated at 7400 lbs. Axles are rated at 3800 lbs each. From the information I could find on weights, boat 150 gals fuel, outboard about 5600 lbs, trailer weighs 1700 lbs, so with some fishing gear on board, the trailer was not sized correctly when the original owner bought the boat. When I replace trailer I will go with a higher weight rating trailer. When I bought this setup it had no trailer brakes. I installed disc brakes on both axles and I tow with a 2014 F150. Its dangerous towing that much weight without trailer brakes.

Back