2320 Prop Upgrade

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjd24

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Can anyone recommend a 4 blade prop (Al or SS) for my 2016 2320SL with a Yami F250XCA. I currently have the prop that came with the boat SS 15 X 17 SW Series? I'm looking to improve my hole shot, come on to plane faster and improve performance. I usually run heavy with 3-4 people, full fuel and lots of gear.
I'd appreciate any advice with this matter.

BTW, I'm also considering installing M-9 Permatrim next season. Any comments?
Thank you,
tjd24

The Yamaha SWS isn't a bad prop at all. It's actually quite good and very, very similiar to the highly acclaimed Mercury Mirage Plus. I've run both on my 23DVCC and can't really tell a difference in performance, handling or efficiency. And the 17" SWS SHOULD be the right prop.

Economical choice but still a very good performer: Mercury Mirage Plus in 15.25 x in 16" or 17". You can easily find this prop used. But if you are already running a 17" SWS, then you'll need to drop down to a 15 or 16"
Not economical but about 10-15% better: Mercury Enertia ECO 16x15". Probably have to buy new.

Before buying anything, I'd tell you to try to move forward as much weight as possible. Parker's don't like weight in the ass-end.

On my 2008 2320 with a f/250 I have a SE Sport 300 fin and changed to a 4 blade OSI Turbo prop a few years ago. I also run a very heavy boat with gear and crew.

My observations....

-Better hole shot and faster to plane.
-Better MPG at cruise speeds.
-Stays on plane at lower speeds.
-More torque at mid range rpm.
-Lost 2-3 mph off the top end.

Hi Willy,
Can I ask the Diameter & Pitch of your 4 Blade OSI Turbo?
You just described exactly what I'm looking for on my 2320 SL w/o the SE Sport Fin.
I'm considering a Permatrim for next year.
Appreciate any info.
Thanks

Get a permatrim and run this prop. Mirage 4 blade.

Attachments

• 268767BE-E13E-40F2-9E4F-806ADBA38FEE.jpeg
    268767BE-E13E-40F2-9E4F-806ADBA38FEE.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 84
Thanks, Edgarop.
Do you run a 2320 with an F250 Yamaha?
What kind of top end speed do you get?
I've been told that I should drop the pitch an inch or two for best performance.

I had a 2005 f250 and thats the prop i had, a friend has a newer f250 4.2 liter and also runs the same prop. He gets way better fuel economy than i ever did, around 2 mpg fully loaded. I now have a 2020 suzuki df300 and it kicks ass. Similar to my buddies 4.2 liter f250. Plenty of power to do whatever you want and gets better fuel mileage, around 2.2 mpg

I have a the Merc rev4 prop w/ permatrim on my 2310 with 2005 F250TXRD. I can plane as slow as 11mph. I get 2.26mpg light load all the way up to 28mph.. I can generally set my cruise to above 2mpg even with heavy load. If it's snotty and I have slow down, worst I'll get is 1.8mpg. Top speed is around 35 I think, maybe 5800rpms, but I haven't checked it in a while.

Back