2320 repower

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still on the hunt for a 300 outboard with a 25 inch tail shaft. Every available engine near me thats Used has been an Evinrude or is too small. I really want to find a 300 fly by wire Yamaha with lower hours. Too many other projects going on to pull the trigger on a brand new one at the moment. If anyone happens to come across anything please let me know

Good luck. It’s like finding a Unicorn. You’ll have better luck finding a Suzuki 300
I’m open to a Suzuki as well. I have found 100+ 250s…. Why the 300 short shaft is so hard to find is beyond me. When I did it re-power on my last boat the guy that I have do it normally had at least a dozen.

Outboards have been non existent since Covid took hold and boat sales tripled. Not a good combo to have huge demand and less production, which will take at least another year to unwind. The coming economic slow down will help as boats are resold and there’s less demand for outboards. It just sucks having to wait. I feel your pain.

My local guy had a web ad last night extolling repowering with Yammies. Dunno if he has a 300/25 in stock, but I want to go over there Monday anyway. Will ask if I think of it.
Looks like there ought to be lots of used ones after the recent hurricane.

Back