23DV Updates

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you had it out yet. I’m considering moving batteries to console in my never ending quest to get the bow down at slower speeds and I’m wondering if you noticed a handling improvement moving that weight out of the bilge.
Thxs

Have you had it out yet. I’m considering moving batteries to console in my never ending quest to get the bow down at slower speeds and I’m wondering if you noticed a handling improvement moving that weight out of the bilge.
Thxs

I have not. I had surgery (C5/C6 fusion) earlier in the month and the doctor won't release me to go. I hope to get released in the next couple of weeks to at least get out on a clam day and I can let you know how it performs.

I moved my batteries into the console on my 23DVa few years ago. I do notice a difference in balance at slow speeds and it gets on plane quicker. However, the biggest benefit is that the batteries are now in a safe, dry location should there be any water that gets into the bilge area.

Ive considered doing that on my 2100 DV. I decided not to as the farther forward you go the rougher the ride is.
Batteries dont like taking a beating. If you do just make sure they are well anchored.

I have not. I had surgery (C5/C6 fusion) earlier in the month and the doctor won't release me to go. I hope to get released in the next couple of weeks to at least get out on a clam day and I can let you know how it performs.

Oh man, this post really hit home. I have plans to move my batteries out of the bilge and into my pilot house under captains chair but I ruptured my c5/c6 disk a couple weeks ago… fusion is scheduled for this Friday. Best of luck with your recovery!

Solid upgrades. Nice work!

I’m planning on moving my batteries from the bilge to cabin in my 2320. So I appreciate you posting this even though we have different boats.

Same here, this is high up my list for this winters projects. Out of curiosity, what are your main reasons for the move? Mine is to get weight off my back end, as my 2320has always sat a bit low… so when I’m full on fuel, coolers and crew the aft sits way low

Oh man, this post really hit home. I have plans to move my batteries out of the bilge and into my pilot house under captains chair but I ruptured my c5/c6 disk a couple weeks ago… fusion is scheduled for this Friday. Best of luck with your recovery!

Thank you! The surgery really is not bad and the post surgery pain not bad at all. Its just having to wear the neck brace that's aggravating.

Ok thanks hope you feel better soon.

Same here, this is high up my list for this winters projects. Out of curiosity, what are your main reasons for the move? Mine is to get weight off my back end, as my 2320has always sat a bit low… so when I’m full on fuel, coolers and crew the aft sits way low

Same reason, and they get wet back in the bilge.

Back