25 modified vee with twins.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sitkabrett

Reaction score
Hello all, I currently have a Suzuki 300 on my 2530 with a modified bottom. I’m wondering if anyone has twins on their modified 25 and what the fuel numbers would be. Also, how does the boat handle the additional weight of the twins?
Just curious.....

Hello all, I currently have a Suzuki 300 on my 2530 with a modified bottom. I’m wondering if anyone has twins on their modified 25 and what the fuel numbers would be. Also, how does the boat handle the additional weight of the twins?
Just curious.....
i just got a 2520 mod v with twin 200s. its amazing. top speed pushing 50mph and cruises at 30 at about 3600rpm. im still getting numbers but it looks like I'm getting between 1.5 and 2 mpg when cruising.

its amazing. top speed pushing 50mph

I would not want to be in that boat....43MPH is a White knuckle ride......This hull was not designed to be pushed that fast.

Hey Bobby. I am on the list at the welders shop for a new bracket. It will be an extension of boat basically. I did this on my last Parker and it was the perfect addition to the boat. It raised the ass end about 3-4 inches when still and was able to plane much easier.

I have zero complaints about the Suzuki, but with myself, my wife, 3 kids and now a dog, I’m just thinking about more power! Also, I don’t think I’ve ever seen numbers from somebody with a twin on a modified bottom. Although, my guess is that after the pod is complete, I’ll be perfectly happy with a single 300.

I have a similar hull; a 2005 Parker 2510 DVWA and am running twin 225's on the 3'rd hole, no permatrims, 4 blade props. Not sure what size the props are. I just purchased the boat this summer so I'm still fine tuning but so far I'm at the following. I think there some room for improvement. The boat handles great ...

WOT:
44 MPH
5800 RPM / 5600 RPM
33.8 GPH
1.3 MPG

CRUISE:
28 MPH
3800 RPM
16.9 GPH

So pretty much your gonna make it = to a 28ft boat?

Will the tabs be reinstalled?

If you do that they can build it so that twins or a single will fit.
With a 9 1/2ft beam....and twins....I'd shoot for a full 30in between the engine center line. Thinking you would use the inline 4cyl. 200's for the future.

By the way......We used to put 3 adults and 6 kids on the boat regularly

Just curious.....
I have a 2002 2510 MV with twin F115s. WOT at 5600 moves her at about 40 mph. Cruise at 3900-4100 at about 24 mph and 9.0-10.5 GPH.

If I repower, I’d move to twin F150s or Suzuki 140s.

Last edited:
Hey Bobby. I am on the list at the welders shop for a new bracket. It will be an extension of boat basically. I did this on my last Parker and it was the perfect addition to the boat. It raised the ass end about 3-4 inches when still and was able to plane much easier.

I have zero complaints about the Suzuki, but with myself, my wife, 3 kids and now a dog, I’m just thinking about more power! Also, I don’t think I’ve ever seen numbers from somebody with a twin on a modified bottom. Although, my guess is that after the pod is complete, I’ll be perfectly happy with a single 300.
I would love to see pics

Where do you guys run that you’re able to use these top end speeds? I just finished my 14th season with a Parker 2520XL (mod-v). I ran with a Yamaha F225 for 12 years and that wasn’t enough engine for the boat. I just finished my second season with a Suzuki DF300APXX and as far as I am concerned it’s the perfect engine for my boat. Boat jumps on plane at seemingly any weight, full fuel tank, 2 guys , 3 guys, big coolers, doesn’t matter just goes. Never feel underpowered in big seas when needing to power up to pull the boat out of a trough. Honestly seems like the perfect fit.

I can get 35kts at WOT but being 100% honest, I don’t get sea conditions 5% of the time that allow me to cruise out of the 20s, where you guys running that allows you to go so fast?

Where do you guys run that you’re able to use these top end speeds? I just finished my 14th season with a Parker 2520XL (mod-v). I ran with a Yamaha F225 for 12 years and that wasn’t enough engine for the boat. I just finished my second season with a Suzuki DF300APXX and as far as I am concerned it’s the perfect engine for my boat. Boat jumps on plane at seemingly any weight, full fuel tank, 2 guys , 3 guys, big coolers, doesn’t matter just goes. Never feel underpowered in big seas when needing to power up to pull the boat out of a trough. Honestly seems like the perfect fit.

I can get 35kts at WOT but being 100% honest, I don’t get sea conditions 5% of the time that allow me to cruise out of the 20s, where you guys running that allows you to go so fast?
Agreed. I run a 2510 Walkaround Mod V with a 300 Yamaha on Lake Erie. Most of my trips I’m able to run in the low to mid 20’s and since Lake Erie can get nasty in a hurry I’m glad to have this Parker when it gets nasty, just slow down and use tabs correctly. For reference I ran several Lymans over the years (biggest 26 Offshore) and top speed was never the ultimate goal for me.

I am on Lake Erie out of Cleveland and rarely is it calm enough to run wide open. We troll most of the time so I like to open it up for a little bit on the run back if sea conditions permit to burn off a little carbon. But that’s about it.

Back