25 Parker Re-build Questions

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmarsh207

Reaction score
First off, thanks for having me. Long time follower, first time posting. I have a couple questions regarding a 25 Foot Parker I purchased 3 years ago. I re-did the exterior of the boat when I first bought it and now I have a couple of projects I want to do this winter to finish it.

- My first question is what Model Parker is this? My title doesn't seem to really list an exact model.
- This winter I am going to close in the transom and put the F250 Yamaha on a bracket. I am looking for some pictures or ideas for making a Stern Cooler/live well/tackle storage area. I have seen plenty of new Parkers that have these (like most new center consoles do). Has anyone built one from scratch? Are there any parts that can be purchased that may make this easier?
- I am thinking of upgrading to a new Yamaha 300. Anyone running a 4 Stroke 300 HP on this style boat? Top Speed? Cruise? Right now I cruise around 28 MPH with a Top speed of 36-37 MPH.
- Has anyone put in any in floor storage in the forward area between the stringers? Any pictures?
- Mounting an Anchor....Any Ideas for Anchor storage that is easy to access? Maybe a windlass? Brainstorming here.
- If you cant tell, the name of the game is additional storage. Send me any ideas or pictures you may have with this style boat.

I have attached a bunch of pictures to help with these questions. Thanks to everyone for the help, and I look forward to sharing my progress/work moving forward.

Attachments

• IMG_6802.JPG
    IMG_6802.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_6804.JPG
    IMG_6804.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_6958.JPG
    IMG_6958.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_6959.JPG
    IMG_6959.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1630.jpg
    IMG_1630.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 71
You have a MV....aka Not a Deep V hull. That boat was obviously purpose built for moving loads of "Stuff".
Think again on your Engine choise.... Suzuki DF-300 is the leader now.....Quieter than the Yamaha...Geared lower....Spins a Bigger Prop...Timing chain, instead of a belt.

Start looking in the Projects section.....There are lots of projects already done that will answer a LOT of your questions.

Here is mine....It will take some time to get thru it.

https://www.classicparker.com/threads/my-95-2530.12419/

Great work boat!
Under deck storage will depend on the fuel tank(s) size and placement.
Get a copy of the stringer drawing and that will show you what unused space is available.

Back