2510 Repower with 300 Yamaha

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pparke

Reaction score
I have a 2003 2510 and am ready for a possible repower as I like to go far out and need the speed. My current 225 is ok but again I only go on calm days so would like the piece of mind of new power with more speed. My Parker has a max HP plate of 325 on the boat. I don't know if I ever seen one on the bracket. I want to repower with a 300HP. The motors are only 50 lbs difference in weight, Which would be less weight if I had a kicker motor (100 lbs) on the bracket , which i do not. So I need some feedback from guys who have done this. I am not an engineer but it seems like someone is trying to sell new brackets. The boat can handle it, but the bracket cannot? Why would they put a bracket on a boat that is rated for 325 HP that is only good for 250 HP.

I don’t understand why you think your bracket has a max horsepower of 250? Your bracket was fitted to the Parker from the factory. Your Parker is rated for 325 HP. Therefore your bracket is also rated for 325 HP.

If that’s a modV, the 300 will be plenty. Since you posted the Max Hp of 325, I’ve got to assume m V.
Go w the Suzuki 300 or the Yamaha 300 4.2l and you’ll be very pleased. The new mercury v8 is getting very popular as well.
Anyway you slice it, a new 300 4 stroke will wake that boat up just right.

I put a 300 Yamaha on my 2520 in 2016 Very Pleased No Problems 2.0-2.3 MPG 26 MPH at around 3900. I really needs to propped I max at 5000rpm 42MPH. Weight & mounting no problem I did buy the Yamaha rubber supports for trailering. Note I have notched transom

Back