2510 steering issue

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbbb

Reaction score
I picked by a DV2510 a couple of months ago. My steering is sloopytk be nice about it. Went out last night lost two oncea of steering fluid.

I can’t find a leak. Is this due to needing to be bled. Or bigger issues?

yhanks

I picked by a DV2510 a couple of months ago. My steering is sloopytk be nice about it. Went out last night lost two oncea of steering fluid.

I can’t find a leak. Is this due to needing to be bled. Or bigger issues?

yhanks
If you lost steering fluid, that usually means there's a leak somewhere. How did you know that you lost fluid?

If you lost steering fluid, that usually means there's a leak somewhere. How did you know that you lost fluid?
The amount of fluid in the hub at the steering wheel is low. Seems to only be about half full.

Well...Fill it up......Turn it Lock to Lock a bunch of times to burp the air out of it.

You may not have a problem.....Just Low.......THEN....if you see a leak....you will know where it needs attention.

FYI: If it's Seastar and a componet needs replacing.....I do it with Uflex products.

Well...Fill it up......Turn it Lock to Lock a bunch of times to burp the air out of it.

You may not have a problem.....Just Low.......THEN....if you see a leak....you will know where it needs attention.

FYI: If it's Seastar and a componet needs replacing.....I do it with Uflex products.
Thanks for the help. Burped it a bunch and kept losing pressure. Turns out the bleeder valve had gunk stuck in it and was weeping when turn all the way to starboard. Will replace. Thanks again.

Back