2510WA Electronics - GPS - Fish Finder- Radar

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pagoda64

Reaction score
I just purchased a new Parker. Typically Stripper, Blues, Trout - Chesapeake Bay Fishing. Would like a good recommendation on GPS, Fisher Finder - "Bait, fish, grass", Radar - Birds! and mounting transducer in hull or Transom.

I am new to the forum and just ran across your post. I just ordered a 2007 2510 XLD at the NE Boat Show. I met with my dealer last week to go over electronics. I ended up with the Raymarine C120 system...sounder, GPS, radar. The radar is going on an Epson 5" bracket... powder-coated... real nice. The dealer recommeded thru-hull transducers... one for depth, one for speed/temp. Apparently, they are flush mount and don't require a faring block. He was all excited about this. I also got a ICOM 504 VHF, and a Jensen stereo (MSR2007). All of this stuff comes from West Marine.

Hope this helps. I'll post some pictures when I get the boat in May. Pretty exciting.

http://www.boemarine.com is running a big sale on Raymarine stuff right now.

Here are my personal thoughts:

Garmin- Best GPS
Furuno- Best fishfinder and radar
Raymarine- best overall combo unit

With that said, I run a Garmin combo unit that I am very happy with it The fishfinder is a little lack-luster compared to the Furuno I had on my last boat but heck a mark is a mark. The gps is the easiest to use and better charts at least compared to the Navonics gold I have used (I havent use the platinum as I think you need the e-series ray stuff to use it. ) My father has a c80 and neighbor has a c120. Both are happy with their units although my neighbor did have some issues with the Ray radar when he first had it installed. The digital fishfinder is very nice on the Ray stuff. Garmin is coming out with new units that feature touch screen function, new charts, digital fishfinders, and upgraded radar. However, I think they are set for a May release date.

For VHF, I like Standard Horizon as it is less expensive than Icom yet has as many features and 3 year warranty. I like the digital antenna I got to go with it.

Don't forget a Tilted Element Airmar (also at BOE). I get great performance at all speeds and super clean install, nothing hanging off transom. Also available in hi-power version now.

Thumbs-Up icon here!

I have to agree with most of the other comments. :)

My electronics are only 3 years old (and were top shelf when I bought them), but some of my gear has already been superceded by better stuff!

Image-0EC282D7F14A11D8.jpg

GPS Chartplotter is a Garmin 2010 (now superceded by the 3000, 4000, and 5000 series). Mine has the BlueChart "big Bay" chip as well as the bathymetric chip. The cartography in Garmin products has no equal!

Fishfinder is a Furuno FCV600L which is what you find on most of the charter boats in the Bay. If I were replacing mine today, I'd buy the Furuno FCV620 digital. It has a great screen!

VHF is an Icom 502a which has been superceded by the 504. The 504 includes a hailer which the 502 doesn't have.

Antenna is an 8' Digital and my transducer is an Airmar "tilted element" through-hull seen on the left in this photo.

Image-5C4BFB884F5411DB.jpg

Fuel management is a Navman 2100 and the handheld VHF is a Uniden "Voyager".

All of this came from BOE Marine.
http://www.byownerelectronics.com/store/home.php

Good luck with whatever you select! :wink:

I hear what you say about prices at West Marine, but my boat dealer is actually purchasing them through Port Supply, which I think is their wholesale unit. I am probably getting hosed, but it wouldn't be the first time in my life.

Back