2520 DVSC Inboard Re-power (winter project)

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Megabyte":2bs0sx5d said:
4.) "Dry weight" of the current XLD (full transom with a bracket) is 5800 pounds.

For fuel... figure 6.5 lbs/gal, and don't underestimate the weight of all your safety, survival, and fishing gear. That weight adds up fast. :shock:

Does the 5800lb weight includes motors as well? I know it wont have fluids but just not 100% sure on the motors.

thanks

Inboard Parker":2fbp23c0 said:
Megabyte":2fbp23c0 said:
4.) "Dry weight" of the current XLD (full transom with a bracket) is 5800 pounds.

For fuel... figure 6.5 lbs/gal, and don't underestimate the weight of all your safety, survival, and fishing gear. That weight adds up fast. :shock:

Does the 5800lb weight includes motors as well? I know it wont have fluids but just not 100% sure on the motors.

The dry weight does not include the weight of the motor.

Hi,

I checked with the place that repowered my boat. They repowered a 25' Parker Inboard last year with a 315HP Yanmar and went with a 20x19 prop. They did not remember all the other props thay tried but they did try 3 others before settling on that one.

That seems like too big a change from your old 15x13.

I am interested to see what you end up with.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info.

I emailed Parker the other day and got a responce today. They tell me that the information for my 1993 is archived and they are trying to get the archives on to their database but havent got that far yet. He did tell he found another parker DVSC with an 5.7 inboard and the weight with fuel was 7366 and that the deadrise is 19 degrees (a little different than i thought). But other than that he couldnt really offer much more information other than to say the inboards are very rare (no newsflash to me).

As far as props go. I have all the information I need now and found a couple prop calculators online as well as I have given the information to H&H propeller and Accutech propeller. The two i did online gave me 15x16, 15x12.75 (a bit of a difference!) I talked to H&H and their calculations told me 15x12.7. Im still waiting for Accutech's answer.
We have two props to choose from (that we own) 15x12 and 15x13. H&H suggested that we start at the 15x12 prop and fine tune from there.
One of the online calculator gave speeds as well. They say top speed will be 29.9 and cruising speed will be 23-24(i forget the actual #)

Inboard Parker":356kqeg5 said:
He did tell he found another parker DVSC with an 5.7 inboard and the weight with fuel was 7366 and that the deadrise is 19 degrees (a little different than i thought).

Interesting they have it listed as 19 degrees.
Does your boat have a prop pocket? That could account for the difference.

Megabyte":1t2ozzvi said:
Inboard Parker":1t2ozzvi said:
He did tell he found another parker DVSC with an 5.7 inboard and the weight with fuel was 7366 and that the deadrise is 19 degrees (a little different than i thought).

Interesting they have it listed as 19 degrees.
Does your boat have a prop pocket? That could account for the difference.

It does have a Prop pocket. You can see it in this picture.
http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/fil ... 2_561.jpeg

Maybe that is the reason. I did take two pieces of wood the other day and ran them along the V of the bottom of the boat and screwed them together to see what the degree was. I have yet to measure it though. I will post info when i get.

After putting the boat in the water last thursday we were finally able to get out and see how she is running. We adjusted the timing before doing anything and finally took it out for a cruise. The only instructions the engine shop gave us about the new Crusaders engine is not to leave it on one RPM for any lenght of time. Says the motors have been benched tested to 5200rpm so dont be afraid to start dialing in the prop. (I asked if i needed to wait till after break in). H&H propeller caculated that we would need a 15X12 with a full cup. Not sure if we over estimated the weights or something else was off but we are underpropped. We have a 1/2 load of fuel and we are about 400rpm out of the desired range. We have a 15X14 so we are going to try that one.......hoping that each degree of pitch will net 200rpm's.
Stats: cruise around 19-21mph, while checking high rpm's (i was more interested in the RPM's than MPH at this point) i did see 28MPH on the gps but didnt really hang on it long to check, as i was hitting 5400rpms. I want to be at 5000 with a 1/2 load of fuel. By going up in pitch i should also gain some cruise speed as well as some overall top end.

Overall feel is great. Motor is strong, smooth and it just looks damn good too! The boat has been a complete slug for many of the past years but now it has a completely different feel.
:D

Back