2520 DVSC Repower

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Parker":1zmqzakl said:
From your last post it appears as the Yammy F-250 it the way to go ...
What 'concerns' me on the 4S Yam is that the F250 won't develop its rated horsepower without 89 (I believe ... ) octane fuel. It could be higher too, but regardless of what it is, if you can't get that high of an octane, you must consider this.

Dale, do they sell anything less than 89 on the water around you? Around here they only carry 89 and 93 octane (just making our gas more expensive).

Looks like the F250 is it. I'm not paying 7k more for an ETEC 250 or 9K more for 50 HP xtra HP (300 Zuke). Twins are out, as is waiting for the new Yammie big block (325 - 350 HP). The new yammie, when available (late 2007 - early 2008) will be costly too (at least 22-23k plus rigging).

Regarding octane, I believe the gas where I fuel up, and elsewhere on LI is "plus" (89 octane). It's a fair point though ......

Thanks for everyone's input, many 2520 DVSC owners will face this dilemma at some point. A year or two from now the options will be even better, but I can't wait forever ........

I bet the 250hp Yamaha 4 stroke will end up being a great choice. This motor has proven to be very "gutsy" and of course, reliable.

Good Luck with her.

Parker":2mk9as2j said:
Paul - have you made a decision on your repower? From your last post it appears as the Yammy F-250 it the way to go (ie most bang for the buck)

Brad

That's pretty much the way the Parker Boys in Beaufort NC feel about it. One of the first boat builders in US to rig only w/Yamaha. :wink:

FishFactory":31u680nt said:
That's pretty much the way the Parker Boys in Beaufort NC feel about it. One of the first boat builders in US to rig only w/Yamaha. :wink:

I tell ya Its communist/liberal thinking that the individual cannot decide what power they want for themselves. Next they are going decide what kind/brand of electronics you can get :lol:

B,

Cool down...you already live in the People's Republic of Maryland, pay high taxes to support people with opportunity who refuse to take advantage of it, with a new Gov who claims we pay too little tax and need more gun control. Why are you complaining about Parker rigging only Yami? :D :D :D

Edited: 31 Dec 06 (to add the smilies...which was my intent when I wrote it to pull his leg).

I would have been dissapointed if "B" didn't respond to my "jab".

He's pretty smart about boats, just can't get the power thing down right.

:p :p :p :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(this has been going on for some time, trying to same him from the Black Side!))

Pork, dont get me started on our new gov. I fear for our state. Let's face it, education, the budget, crime, city planning, etc. have been a disaster under that clown in Baltimore. While "most" things got better in the state, just about everything got worse in Balt. during his time as mayor.

Fish, gotta love the jaw-boning while the boat is winterized. While I did chose my motor over a F225, I must say that had we had a good zuke dealer close to me and it had been easier to get (I would have had to buy the boat without power and take to a zuke dealer) I would have probably chosen the Zuke over the Opti. (dont tell anyone on THT :lol: still black though ) I mostly chose the Opti due to my good luck with merc in the past, the low cost maintenance, its power over the f225, and the fact that the boat with the Opti had opening front windows and the Yam powered boat didnt. :wink: I lalso really like my Merc servicing dealer...

Back