2520 dvsc with twins

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TXmike

Reaction score
howdy guys, does anyone here run a 2520 DVSC with twin 150 or twin anythings. how do they handle with only 300HP even though rated at 500. i have looked around and it is hard to find used ones for sale with twins. most have single outboards. thanks for any input
Mike

Mike - I fished a 2510 DV for 9 years with twin 150. Boat ran great. If I recall the cruise was about 25/26 knots. The power was carbed Yammy's and got about 1.5 miles per gallon. The boat was owned by Parker 28 from this site. Hopefully he will chime in.

Brad

my buddy has a 25 XLD with twin 150 yami fours..... ive fished on it before and never felt that the boat was underpowered. my 2530 also has twin 150s, but they are carbed two strokes. we have plenty of power to get us through rough seas, snotty inlets, you name it. i really dont think that you need to go much higher than maybe 200 on a 25 footer.... after that, even with four strokes your wasting gas for power youre not going to need often, unless youre looking for a speed demon in which case you shouldnt be buying a parker :wink:

Mike, I see you’re from TX. Where do you live, I'm in the Houston area and would be more than willing to give you a ride on mine. I have the 2520dvsc with twin F150s on a bracket. This is all the power you will ever need. I usually fish with 5-6 guys, 173gallons gas, and a full 270qt Ice chest, plus tackle and drink cooler. The boat will run upper 40s on smooth water, and cruises at 30mph making 2mpg. When it gets snotty which I try not to go out in it runs good at ~23mph making ~1.7mpg. I would not even consider the 200fours due to the weight/power ratio and the 225s would be really heavy hanging back there. The boat is already azz heavy I would not want anymore weight than the 150s. If you have any more questions feel free to give me a call. 832-275-2619

Jason

My friend recently purchased a 2520 DVSC (now called 25SLD I believe) with twin 150 fours, runs real nice with a wider crusing range of RPM than a single 250, which I own.

I'm told by someone who does ALOT of parker repowers that twin 200HPDIs are the bomb. These are light, and not plagued with the problems of Yamies larger HPDI offerings. I can vouch first hand for the twin F150s, good cruise and better than 2 MPG across a wide crusie RPM.

Brad's right, twin 150 2-stroke's are more than enough for the 25 DV. The boat ran easily at 25kts and topped out over 35kts. Can't vouch for the 4-strokes.

TXmike":29ywogkp said:
howdy guys, does anyone here run a 2520 DVSC with twin 150 or twin anythings. how do they handle with only 300HP even though rated at 500. i have looked around and it is hard to find used ones for sale with twins. most have single outboards. thanks for any input
Mike
mike I have a 2520 DVSC and it has twin 200 2'stokes I know it runs awesome I have a full tank of gas 200 gallons I'll get back to you tomorrow after I write the #s down .
Thanks for your time
Deepparker
Ray

Back