2520 fuel tank

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellyw1030

Reaction score
looks like my 05 2520 fuel tank needs replacing. If anyone has pictures of cuut floor or project of removal please help.

I lost my pictures but Eric at Parker will send you a stringer layout of your boat. Luther's Welding in Bristol RI made my new tank and treated me very well. Where are you located?

X2 are you sure? I swore my tank was bad. Couldn’t commit to cutting the deck unless all other possibles were explored. Pulled the fill and vent hoses and found a badly affected portion of the fill at the radius from floor to wall. Seemed that the fuel may have been just sitting in a low spot and deteriorated the rubber.

looks like my 05 2520 fuel tank needs replacing. If anyone has pictures of cuut floor or project of removal please help.

I am not saying that your tank is OK but given model year you could very easily have a leaking sending unit gasket, cracked antisiphon valve or fill or vent hose. Problem is the BOX the fuel tank sits in. Let’s say you had a leak in one of those areas and 5 gallons of fuel leaked out when the tank was FULL and into the “BOX” now you have five gasoline of gasoline in the box. That BOX isn’t a fuel tank but it’s not designed to leak. What you get is that 5 gallons of gas leaking slowly into the bilge from the “BOX” so you think you’re tank is leaking continuously but what really happened is your fuel tank leaked out a few gallons quickly from one of those absolutely repairable areas mentioned above when the tank was totally full and the tank itself doesn’t leak anywhere else beyond one of those areas and only when absolutely full BUT that trickle over the course of days or even weeks coming from the “BOX” convinces you the tank itself is compromised and leaking when in reality it is not.

Again you may have a “bad tank” but you might not and that gas seeping from the “BOX” might be fooling you.

I offer the above information after paying $6000 and considerable aggravation learning it..............

Like everyone else said check all the others possibilities first. I am in the middle of that project right now. Measure through your pie holes is the best way to get the marks to cut your deck. Here’s a link. I/O to outboard conversion 1990 2520 mvph

You asked for pictures of tank installations. This is looking towards the stern, from the cabin top, of my '94 2520. It will give you a decent idea of what is under the deck if in fact you do have to replace a tank.

Attachments

• IMG_1827.jpeg
    IMG_1827.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 183
Came from Eric at Parker. I replaced the tank several years ago on my 99 2520

My 2002 2510 smelled like raw fuel after I refueled it. Was worried that it might be the tank, but wanted to rule out the simple things. Took it to the dealer for service and mentioned the problem and asked them to check the fill and vent lines. Fill line was leaking. Had them replace both and problem is gone.

Back