2520 MV and Suzuki 350 duo prop

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxyfish1001

Reaction score
Just getting new engine on our 2520. Wondering if anyone else has this combination. If so what is you speed and economy like?

I had the same issue last year when I hung a new Zuke. Couldn't find anyone that had the new 140B model on an 1800/1801. Fortunately, my dealer nailed it with the OEM aluminum prop... the numbers are great. I now have to figure out what I'll need for a stainless one. Good luck with your new motor, you won't be disappointed.

I now have to figure out what I'll need for a stainless one.

There is no figuring.....A Suzuki Stainless prop with the same numbers. I'm sure it's a 14in dia. I owned a DF140A it was a 2014.

Attachments

• 100_4264.jpg
    100_4264.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 1
Well that would be great if it's an equal swap, size for size. My thinking was that because of the material difference, i.e. the weight, and the thinner blades, that I would need to make some sort of adjustment. This is what's on there now. Either way, I'm splitting hairs at this point. I :love: the way the boat goes now.

Attachments

• DSCN2247.JPG
    DSCN2247.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN2248.JPG
    DSCN2248.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Hello, I am also looking into repowering with the 350 Zuk. I have a 2501cc. Have you ran this combo yet? Let me know how it has been performing if so.

About 2 months ago, I ran into a buddy of mine who runs a Dealership Shop now. He's been a Long time known top mechanic. While talking to him I pointed at a 350 Suzzy on the back of a New boat and asked..... "Whats the Verdict on those?"

He said stay away. They have a LOT of problems with the gear case.

They are also available in a 300HP configuration with the dual counter rotating prop.

About 2 months ago, I ran into a buddy of mine who runs a Dealership Shop now. He's been a Long time known top mechanic. While talking to him I pointed at a 350 Suzzy on the back of a New boat and asked..... "Whats the Verdict on those?"

They are also available in a 300HP configuration with the dual counter rotating prop.
I don’t want to change the subject but thought this may be a good place to report on my 2520 SCXL with new F300 performance numbers. Are you interested for comparison?
Thanks

Yes. I am...I having a Zuke 300 installed this week
Hello.
I am
Almost to my 20 hour break in service.
Followed manual and master Yamaha mechanic who installed the engine, instructions for this maintenance interval.
It has been without issue since I picked it up.
I will add that the stock f225 was very weak for this boat. While it had acceptable top end, the midrange left a lot to be desired, but I lived with it for 1200 hrs.
This engine essentially set the hull free. Planes without lugging, cruises at a much higher speed and I have noticed that I am getting better “mileage “ with the larger engine. It has a Mercury Revolution 4 blade 15x17. Perfect match at 5600 wide open normal load for my purposes.
I will let my pictures say the rest.
Very happy…..

Attachments

• IMG_4026.jpeg
    IMG_4026.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3935.jpeg
    IMG_3935.jpeg
    796.3 KB · Views: 2
Yes. I am...I having a Zuke 300 installed this week

Good for You.... It's the best bang for the $. Quieter than a Yamaha.
Timing chain instead of a timing belt.
Lower gear ratio, so it swings a Bigger prop. Better bite on the water.

You'll want a Suzuki 3 X 16 X 17 Prop. for a 25ft Parker

I can imagine the additional torque on the extended propeller shaft could result in issues.

Back