2520 Re-power with twin Suzuki 200's

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lougio

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year everyone! I just brought my boat back from the dealer after months of waiting for motors and then parts. I need to replace the fuel sending unit and am wondering if anyone has done this and knows the exact part number I'd need. First time re-powering and want it done right. I'm on the West Coast in San Diego and the standard setup out here is to position the bait tank over the deck plate that sits over the fuel tank to run the hoses. I'm about to remove the tank to get to the fuel sender and fuel lines to replace. Previously had Yamaha 150 HPDI's. Appreciate any info or suggestions. Thx!
IMG_20211221_160456868.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: A-K
You Pull the sender and measure the tank depth. Clean around the sender first and put a witness mark on tank and sender , so they will align quickly when reinstall.

Then install the correct unit for the depth of the tank.
The Moeller Reed style is all I use....No shaky fuel gauge and they don't wear out like the arm unit that is in there. Reed Style | Moeller Marine

Now.....Onto a different subject......Your Props.....Who installed them? Is your counter Rotator on the STB side?

Normally the Counter Rotator is on the Port side and you have the props swapped...

What will Happen? When you put the boat in Forward.....It will go in reverse......When you put it in Reverse......It will go Forward.....Buddy of mine did this... It was boat maiden voyage.....keep running it for a little bit...Burned the Counter Rotator Foot up.....Brand new Honda 130's.

"Now.....Onto a different subject......Your Props.....Who installed them? Is your counter Rotator on the STB side?

Normally the Counter Rotator is on the Port side and you have the props swapped...

What will Happen? When you put the boat in Forward.....It will go in reverse......When you put it in Reverse......It will go Forward.....Buddy of mine did this... It was boat maiden voyage.....keep running it for a little bit...Burned the Counter Rotator Foot up.....Brand new Honda 130's.
[/QUOTE]

Actually I am not sure what your saying. Why would it run in reverse?
I have the Suzuki 200s on my boat set up where they spin the same way. Right one spins left, left one spins right. Oh and forward is forward and reverse is reverse. The lower units on these motors can spin either way depending on how the wiring harness is connected.
I did this after experimenting with them trying to cut down the harmonic vibration I was getting in the cabin of my 2530 while at certain RPMs. I tried each prop on each side and found oppisite of normal worked best.
I noticed no change in handling of the boat after doing this, and yes it did help the harmonics.
I have put over 800 hours over the last 4 years running them like this and they are still going strong.

OP
Those look good
I have tried different props and such so if I can be of any help with what Ive learned let me know.

You Pull the sender and measure the tank depth. Clean around the sender first and put a witness mark on tank and sender , so they will align quickly when reinstall.

Then install the correct unit for the depth of the tank.
The Moeller Reed style is all I use....No shaky fuel gauge and they don't wear out like the arm unit that is in there. Reed Style | Moeller Marine

Now.....Onto a different subject......Your Props.....Who installed them? Is your counter Rotator on the STB side?

Thanks for the reply. I was just looking at the Reed style Moeller units. Will do the marking of the holes and pull and measure the depth of the tank. Gotta take the West Coast bait tank off as the hoses are routed through the deck plate above the tank. Here's another pic of the props. I believe they are installed counter on the port and standard on starboard.
IMG_20211221_152609200.jpg

My mistake.....Props are correct...... It is kinda weird looking at engines that Big with alum props.
Run Suzuki Props.....Aftermarkets are made for "Everything".
Suzuki's run the lowest gear ratio on the market.....Therefore they are not like everyone else...Those engines are designed to swing a 16in diameter prop.

And should be "about" a 19 or 20 pitch with the twins.

Congrats on the repower! My new 2520 has twin 200 Yamahas. Great hole shot and the motors don’t have to labor for a moderate cruise, which is 2.1 mpg.

Congrats on the repower! My new 2520 has twin 200 Yamahas. Great hole shot and the motors don’t have to labor for a moderate cruise, which is 2.1 mpg.
2.1mpg? seems really good for 25' parker. you have mod V? was that loaded or unloaded?

My mistake.....Props are correct...... It is kinda weird looking at engines that Big with alum props.
Run Suzuki Props.....Aftermarkets are made for "Everything".
Suzuki's run the lowest gear ratio on the market.....Therefore they are not like everyone else...Those engines are designed to swing a 16in diameter prop.

And should be "about" a 19 or 20 pitch with the twins.
Those are just test props to get the correct size and pitch. I believe they are 15 3/4x21's. Once we get the correct prop we'll get the SS. We went with San Diego Propellers to fit us for props. Probably get the boat on the water next week sometime. Just finishing up some odds and ends. Thank you for your well informed responses. I really appreciate the insight.

Yamaha was a 6mos wait for counter-rotation motor. Suzuki can rotate either way with an electronic tweak.

Reactions: Efx
Back