2520 XL Forward Bilge

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the same issue with my 2015 2520 xld. I had my dealer come and they did the same thing with the scope and flexible rod. He left the rod in the tube if I needed to clear it. When I had called Parker back then they told me the forward bilge was the lowest point in the boat and there would always be some water in that area. There was a lot of debris left from the build which was cleaned out, sanding discs, chunks of foam etc. The only time I get any water into my back bilge is when I get hauled out. The water runs to back bilge when at an extreme angle.
we used to put bronze sash chain in the limber hole tracks with a spring at each end to keep them running ( back in the sixties)

UPDATE:
I cut the hole for the hatch in the floor of the cabin.
Since its cored, I will seal the wood with epoxy, but I didn't have on hand, so it will have to wait a few days. I was surprised that the floor was 1" thick. The bilge area below was very clean, no mold either, just water laying in there which I promptly pumped out.

View attachment 30130
View attachment 30132
UPDATE:
I did not attach the hatch yet to the hole in the cabin floor yet.
I'm looking for everyones thoughts on how to seal edges of the hole?
I'm not opposed to epoxy, but was wondering if it is really necessary here.
TIA

Back