2520 XLD Seadek for interior cabin

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyld3man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am looking at getting some seadek installed in the interior cabin of a 2520XLD, around the captains chairs and head. I am currently out of town and am trying to line things up for once I get home and pick up the boat. Would anyone happen to know the square footage of the interior cabin? Probably a guestimation would be fine, don't think its gonna be a whole lot of material anyway.

I am looking at getting some seadek installed in the interior cabin of a 2520XLD, around the captains chairs and head. I am currently out of town and am trying to line things up for once I get home and pick up the boat. Would anyone happen to know the square footage of the interior cabin? Probably a guestimation would be fine, don't think its gonna be a whole lot of material anyway.
Hi wyld3man, I just came across your request. If nobody responds sooner, I'll get the measurement for you tomorrow morning ...

Hi wyld3man, I just came across your request. If nobody responds sooner, I'll get the measurement for you tomorrow morning ...
Hi wyld3man, Here we are;
Floor Width (beam to beam) is 8' 1".
Floor Length (fore to aft) 4' 10".
And, the seats 'foot print' is approximately 24" (fore to aft). and 32" (side-to-side). And there is a about 8" 'behind' (Actually out towards the beam) the seats, barely accessable...

Hi wyld3man, I inadvertently replied,with the measurements, to my own comment below... whoops!
But the measurements are posted there. (see below)....

Hi wyld3man, I inadvertently replied,with the measurements, to my own comment below... whoops!
But the measurements are posted there. (see below)....
Thanks! I really appreciate it. Usually would just wait util I returned home but its gonna be another 3 weeks. This way I can get the ball rolling.

Thanks again!

Thanks! I really appreciate it. Usually would just wait util I returned home but its gonna be another 3 weeks. This way I can get the ball rolling.

Thanks again!
Hi wyld3man, I'm re-reading your post, and I see I didn't read it well the first time.... Here's the additional measurements you asked for, that I didn't see the first time.... The floor of the cuddy cabin (and where the head is located) is 22.5" wide, and 42" long. The step going into the cuddy, is also 22.5" wide, but only 14.5" long....

Last edited:
I put Seadek down in my 2320, cabin and aft deck. Good stuff, made here in Brevard County. If you decide to do it yourself, let me know...this was the second boat installation I've done, learned a lot between the first and second.

I may end up doing it myself, I got a quote and it was $1500 to just do the interior cabin and around the head. Seems a bit steep to me, but I am not sure because I don't have any experience with it.

How did you make the templates?

Seadek has a kit. Mylar sheets, marking pen, tube to send them back. Lay out the sheets, mark the edges and location of cutouts and send them back. They'll make a template and send you a file that shows the dimensions. I highly recommend that you spend a couple extra bucks and have them use that file to create mylar replicas you can check on your boat. When you think those fit right, give them the green light and they'll cut the material.

I started from scratch with my first boat (Farallon) and tried something different for the second. Seadek has a number of boat kits already patterned, but there aren't any Parkers on there. I asked them for a file on a 2320 close to my model year that they had already done - they gave it to me and I modified it for my boat. I'll skip the details, but if I had it to do all over again I would have started with the blank sheets.

Had the same sticker shock, primary reason I did it myself. I'm sure a professional installer would have done a better job but the one my wife and I did is good enough...and a lot less expensive.

Attachments

• 20200821_095729.jpg
    20200821_095729.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 115
  • 20201102_171024.jpg
    20201102_171024.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 119
It does have a little sticker shock when you price out the amount of material you need and it is marked up about $1300. I don't mind a professional to do a job but when it is marked up that much is typically when I look into the DIY route. I am just doing the cabin so it is a small job. I saw what you are referring to on Seadek's website and may go that route. I like doing projects on my own, you end up learning a lot with this method .

appreciate it,

I just got a quote from seadek to do my 2015 23SE... $3500. I was surprised by the price considering the layout doesn't require much material. I'm considering doing it myself next winter when the boat is out of the water.

I just got a quote from seadek to do my 2015 23SE... $3500. I was surprised by the price considering the layout doesn't require much material. I'm considering doing it myself next winter when the boat is out of the water.

Damn, Crazy how expensive Seadek is, when first looking into it I figured it would be half the price it actually is. I thought that some foam padding can't be that expensive. Guess they have to pay for the equipment used to cut it somehow.

Gator step is a great option and it is awesome underfoot! Based of the comments less expensive as well!7C1229BB-986A-4C63-A9FD-B3977BCE77B1.jpeg

Damn, Crazy how expensive Seadek is, when first looking into it I figured it would be half the price it actually is. I thought that some foam padding can't be that expensive. Guess they have to pay for the equipment used to cut it somehow.
And they're the only way to go with thay type of material. My 21 came with Aqua Traction brand, a competitor of sea dek. Poor product. Cheap material that pulls up in a few years. The salt gets to it bad. The price of material is The price of material. Real monet is saved in labor!

Any luck with the cabin installs? Looking for pix wanting to do my cabin as well

Back