2520 XLD single 300 prop

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Can you tell me what prop your running ?
Cruse, max rpm, mpg, speed
Appreciated !

I changed my Yamaha Saltwater Series II last year to a PowerTech 4 blade which I believe was a 17.5 x15. You lose a little off top end speed but make up in MPG and getting up on plane faster

This is on my 2320 F/250, should at least give you an idea.

Stock black painted stainless Yamaha 3 blade 19p. Hole shot stunk, cruise MPG was like 1.7 with a decent load and clean bottom, 4800 rpm around 26 mph. Also could only get about 5400 rpm with a heavy load.

Switched to a OSI Turbo 4 blade 17p. Now have a great hole shot, cruise mpg went up to 2.2 with a decent load and clean bottom. Can stay on plane at lower speeds but lost a few mph off the top end but I don't care about that. I also now see 6000 rpm top end with load.

Overall I run a very heavy boat usually fishing 4 guys, 2 anchors with 1000 feet of rode each, extra anchor and chain, 25 plus pound of sinkers, ect.... and I average just about 2.0 mpg overall with the 4 blade and I am very happy with it. Mid range torque was also a major improvement with the 4 blade.

Back