2520 XLD

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onthehook

Reaction score
I am searching for my first Parker and wanted to learn if a single engine is enough power on that boat. I like the simplicity aspect.

Thanks

I am searching for my first Parker and wanted to learn if a single engine is enough power on that boat. I like the simplicity aspect.

Thanks
Hi On-the-hook, Welcome to ClassicParker!... To answer your question, in short, we have a 2013-2014 2520 XLD with a 2014 Yamaha 300. It is perfect for us and how we use the boat, and I too like the simplicity of a single.... But, you asked a question about the 2520 XLD that will bring you a wide variety of answers. A lot of ClassicParker folks will say, 'you can't have too much power'. If you agree, go with twin 200's or max out the rating of the 2520 XLD and go with twin 250's. Some will say twin 150's are what they want, and some will say go with the single 300 Yamaha or Suzuki.... My 2-cents. If you want to buy and maintain twins, then I'd agree with the twin 200's. (are twin 250's are overkill?). Our 2520 XLD with the 2014 Yamaha 300, pops up on plane quickly, tops out at 44 mph, cruises best around 30-32 mph getting 2.0 to 2.2 mpg at 4200-4300 rpm. For our use it is perfect.... If I had twin 200's I would like the ability to cruise at 3500-3800 rpm instead of the 4200-4300 that I cruise at with the 300 Yamaha, but for me I have always been a fan of maintaining a single engine, and although I have run countless boats with twins, I have only owned singles, and prefer to maintain a single. Good luck with your search for a 2520 XLD and, again, Welcome to CP....

Last edited:
I have a 2015 with a single 300 and it has worked for me. Would love to have a pair of 200's or 250's but maintaining a single is enough work for me. I just finished my 6th season and have 1930 hours. I never got fuel numbers liked mentioned above, I would say on avg it is about 1.7, and that number is about the same using the 3 blade saltwater series that came with my yami an the power tech 4 blade. The 4 blade power tech got me up on plane faster and a slightly better fuel burn but lost a little off the top end.

I have a single 300hp and it is fine. Keep in mind that unless you have calm seas you are not going fast anyway. The 300hp will get you up on plane nicely. I like taking care of one engine rather than two. As they say Keep it simple.

Back