2530 on WI lake

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcunniff

Reaction score
Been in WI from MA since mid-July and though with this good summer I stored it inside while I figured out WI, new job, new people, etc. Lived in motels 'til Labor Day weekend.

Renting a cottage temporarily, so took the time to put the boat in the water. On Lake Delavan. Nobody so far has known what it is.

Bought a new trailer to get it out here.

Dana

Attachments

• P1040919 (Medium).JPG
    P1040919 (Medium).JPG
    248.1 KB · Views: 209
  • P1050160 (Medium).JPG
    P1050160 (Medium).JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 209
  • P1050162 (Medium).JPG
    P1050162 (Medium).JPG
    191.5 KB · Views: 209
  • P1050165 (Medium).JPG
    P1050165 (Medium).JPG
    189.7 KB · Views: 209
Glad things worked out for you and your move. I'll miss seeing the boat in my area (your old area) as the hull color
got my attention every time.
You'll be the captain of that lake for sure, enjoy :)

Thanks POGE.

Will get some use out of it, will take some people fishing this fall and then close it up.

Not the same, but somewhat common for hull bottoms on newer boats to be colored as an option since a lot of boats are on lifts at docks.

Dana

Always loved your boat Dana. 2530's are very cool, and the green hull is unique.
Trailer looks to be substantial! 8)

Good luck with the new job and locale.
I can imagine that the lake boats don't know what to make of you... :D
You will certainly be the big dog out there.

Look at it this way...
The motor gets a fresh water flush every time that you run her, and no more worries about rising and falling tides! :)
There are always advantages...

Was good to run lake water through the engine, even if mine if fresh water cooled, and get fresh water all the time through the exhaust.

Downside at least for this lake is it has a lot of suspended particles and growth in the lake. Have to keep an eye on water flow.

Also, I thought wrong that I could use some water to clean a section of the boat, no. The algae and other suspended particles dry and at times attract insects. No problem usually as I would rinse at the dock but these are docks with no electricity or water. I brought water down in buckets to wash it!

First time around the lake, my wife mentioned you can't use the tide if we get shallow! I knew I would need a new card for my chartplotter but looks like many brands of cards would not have information on these types of lakes. Back to paper charts and more.

Dana

Back