2530 transome cut and add 4or 5 feet

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mako dog

Reaction score
Can and does anyone know if it’s been done? A guy was telling me with the wide beam it’s could be do. He also said it might be better to hang both 200 Yamaha’s off transome? It got me thinking it sure would be nice to have that deck space😁 let me hear what you guys think!!

What you are describing has been done many times on may different brands of boat, including Parker.

Despite the intimidation-factor, it's not a hard job. The hardest part is making the first cut.

I’ve been thinking about raising the pilot house roof on my 2320 to add inside height.
They say despite the intimidation-factor, it's not a hard job. The hardest part is making the first cut. I can't remember where I saw that.

Adding length is popular here on the west coast to commercial dive boats , radons , andersons , wilsons ect. Most of these seem to just be better overall after even though most are 8.5 foot beam and streached to 30+ feet. I suspect they lose a bit in drift stability but gain in efficiency. My 2520xld sure seem like it would do better at planing slow w/ a added couple of feet.

Back