2540 dc info and review

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bfritz

Reaction score
I am new to this forum and I joined to find more information regarding the 2540 dc. I live in Bradenton/sarasota Florida on the gulf coast. We are fair weather boaters and tend to do more sandbar, lunch, dinner and cruising excursions than anything. We have been boating for almost 20 years now and we have always had dual consoles (currently 23 key west with single 225 yamaha), it's the perfect boat for us. We do however like to and want to travel longer distances and we are looking for a larger heavier boat with dual Yamaha's for redundancy not necessarily speed that will allow us to handle choppier (2-3' seas) waters we commonly encounter in Tampa bay and the gulf more comfortably without getting beat up. We are looking at a Grady white 275/285 freedom as well as the 2540 dc. Grady whites have a good reputation for smooth ride and of holding their value. I have not been able to find much out about the 2540 in comparison though. I have broken down a few of my questions below if someone could please provide me with some feedback so I can make a more educated decision.
- How is the ride on the 2540 dc in comparison or in general?
- Would twin Yamaha 150s be underpowered? Not looking for race boat looking for comfort and dependability.
- Parker resale value (5-7 years) when we upgrade to larger boat to ultimately do the great loop and Bahamas island hopping.
- How does the cushion and other components/ material hold up? Manufacturers use different grades of materials and some are obviously better than others.

Sorry for the long post but thought I should describe ourselves, history and needs to hopefully receive a more complete account response. Thank you in advance.

I have a 2021 model. If you want a new one next year you are out of luck. They are not making it and about 1/3 of the Parker line next year. I was told the 2540 DC has the lowest profit margin of any on the line cause it takes more to make it.

I have a 2021 model. If you want a new one next year you are out of luck. They are not making it and about 1/3 of the Parker line next year. I was told the 2540 DC has the lowest profit margin of any on the line cause it takes more to make it.
Hi, Do you know anything about T top cracking on

Parker 2540 Dual Console 2019 ? One is for sale here in my town. I found one crack and looks like repairs was done on other side. Any info? Thanks​

I will offer my opinion on your questions as I have owned both Grady White and Parker boats. Let me start by saying both are nice boats and you will probably be more than happy with either of them.

How is the ride on the 2540 dc in comparison or in general? - Basically, the 2540 is the same hull as the 2520 DV. Very nice but not necessarily known for the most comfortable ride when talking 3' bay chop. The captain's skills can determine how good or bad the ride will be to a point. The GW Freedom (27 or 28 footer) are very nice riding boats. In my opinion, for the uses you described, the ride edge would go to GW

- Would twin Yamaha 150s be under-powered? Not looking for race boat looking for comfort and dependability. - This would be minimum at best of the horse power the 2540 would have. Yes it will do but I have no idea why Parker would put twin 150s on any of their 25+ DV hulls. A minimum should be 200s but really 250s

- Parker resale value (5-7 years) when we upgrade to larger boat to ultimately do the great loop and Bahamas island hopping. - Parker has a very high resale however, I can't answer if the 2540 falls in that same theory. The 2540, which I personally really like, hasn't been around long enough for one, and also isn't the style boat most Parker shoppers are looking for. I do think the resale would still be good but not like their PH or CC models (just my opinion)

- How does the cushion and other components/ material hold up? Manufacturers use different grades of materials and some are obviously better than others. - The cushions and other amenities on the 2540 are of high quality. It's almost like Parker was trying to compete with Grady White's DC line (which they probably shouldn't have).

I really like the 2540 and where I live it would be a pretty nice boat but if you are considering the Freedom 285, go with it as it' a bigger boat and nicer ride. The freedom 275 is nice also but probably no bigger than the 2540 as it's a narrower boat with 8 1/2' beam whereas the 285 and 2540 are both 9 1/2' beams.

Realize this is all just my opinion and I honestly believe you can't go wrong with any of these models.

Back