28 center console

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCparker

Reaction score
Just finished my second season with my 28 center console parker. Absolutely love the boat. As with anything, there are things I like and things I don't. I don't think there are too many of them around, but was trying to see if anyone else on here has one to share ideas / modifications they have done, etc.

I have an '02 2801...bought it last summer and I'm very pleased. Has 225's, can't imagine how fast yours goes with 300's. She has raised a bunch of fish...caught a 134# mako the night after I picked her up. Haven't done too much to mine yet...just got Auto Pilot to install this spring. We do a lot of offshore overnighters so plan to add underwater LED's to the bracket soon.

Keep me posted if you think of anything cool.

I'm thinking about purchasing a 2801 Parker. Seems like a solid boat at a good price. I'm curious....what are the top things you like about your 2011 2801? Also, I would like to hear about what improvements you would like to see.

Stillfishing - you can sne me a private message and I can reply with my cell if you want to talk more.

In very basic, broad overview....
The things I love: Parker simplicity, easy to clean, maintain, get to almost everything, dependability, price. Rides great. Love the layout. The boat is huge - can fit 3 people on bean bags in the back.
Have caught a lot of makos on it
Seems to raise tuna well, but I don't do well in the wash yet trolling.
Drifts great for inshore

Some things I wish it had:
Hardtop option needs to come back - hate the soft top
Wish it had an insulated fishbox - I don't really like the transom one. Bad insulation and too far back - adds too much transom weight. Doesn't keep ice well
I have twin 300s - speed is more than you need. Fuel economy is decent, at about 1.6 mpg at around 30 knots. Drops to 0.9 at 45 knots.
Wish it was outrigger ready. I had to pay a lot for welding to add my rigger mounts.
I HATE HATE HATE HATE the two outside angled rod holders on the t-top - I wish all 6 were straight.
Wish it had better dry storage. The console is huge inside, and I did some customizing to it, but it still gets cluttered and you have to dig thru everything. I did add a t-bag to the underside of the top which helps a bit
Wish the leaning post flipped up for storage
Wish the non-skid was a little better

But send me the pm if you want to talk.

were in nj are you located and could i see the boat

I had a 2801 with a pair of F225 engines. I think the engine choice is perfect for the hull. Admittedly, when you buy a Parker, you aren't getting a "go-fast" boat .... you are getting a solid, no frills, do anything boat. It's a F250 pick-up truck of the boating world. It's not a Ferrari. At 4000 rpm, the F225's easily push the 2801 at just over 30mph and gets 1.8 to 2.0 mpg in calm water and lightly loaded which is plenty fast for this hull. My buddy owned the same hull with a pair of F300 engines and it was fast ... probably too fast and too unstable.

The 2801 has a TON of room and can easily fish 6-8 people for seabass, flounder, taug. Mine had 2 - 150 gallon fuel tanks and I used to run it 140-150 miles offshore (each direction) without fear. It was that good; that solid of a boat.

Storage under the console is massive. And you have storage built into the forward seats and then along the transom. I custom built a 420 quart cooler into my 2801 that could hold several hundred lbs of fish for several days if needed.... and when I needed more cooler space, I would use a large 200+ quart cooler such as Yeti on the deck.

I have the 28cc (second season). This one is my second Parker after my 25cc. Love the twin 300s. She moves when it’s flat (up to 60mph) and is pretty easy on fuel fully loaded, 1.6ish mpg. Got the hard top with outrigger mounts made outrigger install easy. Got powder coated frame, easy maintenance. Got the bow seats for more storage and more seating when the family wants to ride. I deleted the console seat when I got it built and had a custom seat built from nautical design. A lot more comfy (Parker’s flip up seat was brutal on a long day), the console added more tackle storage, more insulated storage, more seating, more rod holders and more cup holders. Solid boat that’s been through some snotty stuff and handled it well. It could use some more weight up front at times. Let me know if you have any specific Q’s

I have the 28cc (second season). This one is my second Parker after my 25cc. Love the twin 300s. She moves when it’s flat (up to 60mph) and is pretty easy on fuel fully loaded, 1.6ish mpg. Got the hard top with outrigger mounts made outrigger install easy. Got powder coated frame, easy maintenance. Got the bow seats for more storage and more seating when the family wants to ride. I deleted the console seat when I got it built and had a custom seat built from nautical design. A lot more comfy (Parker’s flip up seat was brutal on a long day), the console added more tackle storage, more insulated storage, more seating, more rod holders and more cup holders. Solid boat that’s been through some snotty stuff and handled it well. It could use some more weight up front at times. Let me know if you have any specific Q’s

Attachments

• A1F2062C-8E10-4AE1-ACB8-DA4E41180DCB.jpeg
    A1F2062C-8E10-4AE1-ACB8-DA4E41180DCB.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
considering upgrade from my 25 if you could call me 5167286952 i have some questions

Great picture of a Beautiful Parker! I love going out on blustery days like that; there's no one else around, so I have the water all to myself.... (Only difference;... some of us old folks like being dry and toasty inside the pilothouse! ☺)

Last edited:
To CCParker: I own an '03 2801. First purchased with twin Yamaha 225s. Repowered in '13 with Suzuki 250 DFs. Seat and rocket launcher is a 40" Birdsall Baitmaster. Birdsall Marine also welded piping for new Rupp outriggers. I enhanced the transom fish box with additional foam and applied insulation to the underside of the lids. Keeps ice much better than what came from the factory. EZ@SEE enclosure at the Helm. On a more somber note, I just replaced the 2 150 gal. tanks. The factory tanks were 1/8" thick (not coated) and I went with 3/16" thick coated. On the plus side I now have a brand new deck!! I also left out the 4 pie plates for the senders and fill connections. The downside on this boat is the storage, especially for rods. Be happy to answer any questions you have.

thanks could you tell me performance numbers with the zukes cruise and fuel burn at various rpms

To CCParker: I own an '03 2801. First purchased with twin Yamaha 225s. Repowered in '13 with Suzuki 250 DFs. Seat and rocket launcher is a 40" Birdsall Baitmaster. Birdsall Marine also welded piping for new Rupp outriggers. I enhanced the transom fish box with additional foam and applied insulation to the underside of the lids. Keeps ice much better than what came from the factory. EZ@SEE enclosure at the Helm. On a more somber note, I just replaced the 2 150 gal. tanks. The factory tanks were 1/8" thick (not coated) and I went with 3/16" thick coated. On the plus side I now have a brand new deck!! I also left out the 4 pie plates for the senders and fill connections. The downside on this boat is the storage, especially for rods. Be happy to answer any questions you have.
I have a 2001 2801 CC and would love to see some pics of your rig. Never mind. I scrolled up. Very nice. Love the tuna door.

To K/A: Fuel burn with twin 250 DFs at 4000-4200 RPM is about 21-24 gal./hr depending on weight of boat, sea conditons, etc. (total, both motors).

Last edited:
I had a 2801 with a pair of F225 engines. I think the engine choice is perfect for the hull. Admittedly, when you buy a Parker, you aren't getting a "go-fast" boat .... you are getting a solid, no frills, do anything boat. It's a F250 pick-up truck of the boating world. It's not a Ferrari. At 4000 rpm, the F225's easily push the 2801 at just over 30mph and gets 1.8 to 2.0 mpg in calm water and lightly loaded which is plenty fast for this hull. My buddy owned the same hull with a pair of F300 engines and it was fast ... probably too fast and too unstable.

The 2801 has a TON of room and can easily fish 6-8 people for seabass, flounder, taug. Mine had 2 - 150 gallon fuel tanks and I used to run it 140-150 miles offshore (each direction) without fear. It was that good; that solid of a boat.

Storage under the console is massive. And you have storage built into the forward seats and then along the transom. I custom built a 420 quart cooler into my 2801 that could hold several hundred lbs of fish for several days if needed.... and when I needed more cooler space, I would use a large 200+ quart cooler such as Yeti on the deck.
how would u compare your 28 to the 26 southport

Where are you located? I have the same boat and right now my tanks are good. I had to replace the tank in my 23' Parker and wondering how long it will be before I have to replace the ones in the 28'. I wanted to see who did yours if you are near Morehead City NC

Where are you located? I have the same boat and right now my tanks are good. I had to replace the tank in my 23' Parker and wondering how long it will be before I have to replace the ones in the 28'. I wanted to see who did yours if you are near Morehead City NC
Mr. Fleming: I haven't been on the site for a while and for some reason decided to take a look and saw that you posted. I am in South Florida, Palm Beach County. I have much info on replacing the tanks on a 2801 CC. I don't mind you calling or texting me at 561-213-7800.

Mr. Fleming: I haven't been on the site for a while and for some reason decided to take a look and saw that you posted. I am in South Florida, Palm Beach County. I have much info on replacing the tanks on a 2801 CC. I don't mind you calling or texting me at 561-213-7800.
we are neighbors I'm in Stuart Vinnie 5167286952

Back