2820 Suzuki repower

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navigator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying to get a headstart on a possible repower at the end of the year. Right now I'm looking at going from the original f250s to the Suzuki 300hp dual prop 300A. I'm liking what I'm reading about Suzuki setup but one issue seems to be the added weight to the back of the boat. The Suzukis are 159lbs heavier and x2 = 318lbs. I could move the batteries forward if necessary and shave about 100 lbs off of that difference. Dosen't ultimately seem to be a big deal for a 10,000 boat........thoughts anyone on the weight difference or any other issue with this setup?

I just ordered twin 300 suzukis for my 2820. I did not get the duo props. I'll be adding about 110lbs total. I figure it would be like putting a young kid on my transom. In my case I don't think it's going to be a big deal. In your case get one of your heavier friends to sit on the transom and take a ride and see if you notice the difference. On our boats I don't think it will make much of a difference.

Well after reading a little more carefully my manual states that the 2006 F250 long shaft is 617lbs dry and without a prop. I'm guessing adding oil and a prop are around 20lbs making a grand total of 637lbs each. The Suzuki's dual prop 300s are 747lbs wet/prop so the difference is not that great after all at approximately 110lbs each and for a total of 220 lbs total difference. Moving 100lbs of batteries forward would would easily close the weight gap/balance to it being non noticeable. Its getting very tempting.

Back