2nd station electronics

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodick93

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a few evo3 simrads, one in the dash and one over the windshield.
What are you men and women using for electronics on your bulkhead mount second station? How do you have them mounted? This is a springtime project. I wouldn't be opposed to a tablet if the display is bright enough.
Thank you in advance.

FYI, Lowrance units network with Simrad. Not a lot of people know this and Lowrance units can be found cheaper than Simrad. The only issue is that you can't control a Simrad NAC-3 autopilot with a networked Lowrance unit.

FYI, Lowrance units network with Simrad. Not a lot of people know this and Lowrance units can be found cheaper than Simrad. The only issue is that you can't control a Simrad NAC-3 autopilot with a networked Lowrance unit.
That is a great idea. I had considered mounting it inside (where I can swivel it against the window),on a Ram mount in the footprint covered by the 2nd station.
Dang, just looked, decent sized Lowrances are pretty high too. I would not be opposed to a unit that can utilize active imaging and doing a pole mount transducer. Could be awesome hanging one off the rod holder next to the second station and swiveling it to check pilings.
The other option was to pass the Ethernet, power and nmea 2000 cables through the bulkhead and dropping them out the bottom of the second station when needed and stowing the hatch cover. Then the only evidence would be the bracket sitting there. Just trying to have a solid plan. It would be sooo nice to run everything from the cockpit.

Last edited:
Hds carbon 9 and 12s are a good price at bass pro right now, 800 and 1500, WITH the transducer for side scan

Last edited:
I went with a 12" Evo3 while they were still around. I had to add an NEP-2 for the Ethernet ports, but I am set come radar time. I also had to perform a few resets to get the transducer selections straight. I have them all wired with the yellow wire to the accessory switch and set to "slave." Also, a bought a bracket to boost the height of the factory Simrad bracket above the throttle. Very satisfied. It does not block any view I consider critical, but it is very easy to view anywhere in the cockpit. It is VERY STURDY.
Now I need to get a cover for the second station.

Attachments

• IMG_20220404_175218289.jpg
    IMG_20220404_175218289.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20220404_175243255.jpg
    IMG_20220404_175243255.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
Back