2nd steering station removal

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iltfish

Reaction score
Hello Parker lovers- I am repowering my 2520MVSC with a Suzuki 300HP engine thanks to a blown powerhead on the 21yr old Yammi. I have a 2nd steering station with a wheel and throttle (no electronics or ignition).
Over the past 21 years, I can count on 1 hand how many times that I have actually used this 2nd station. It is the free-standing station, not the bulkhead mount. I have seen a lot of threads about installing a 2nd station, but none about removing a 2nd station. For me, it would free up some space on the starboard side and I can't justify the $2 grand for the new controls with the re-power.
So I am removing this 2nd station. But I have some questions.
1.It appears that the structure is just screwed into the deck. Can I just remove the screws, seal the holes with some Marine-Tex or West Marine product and add some gel coat repair as a top coat?
2. The hydraulic steering lines are coupled to the wheel inside the cabin. Do I need to run all new lines from the inside wheel to the Seastar ram? Or can I couple the 4 lines with a fitting to avoid the new lines?

BTW- Once removed, I will no longer have a use for the 2nd steering station structure. So if anyone is looking for a station, let me know.

Not sure how to remove it but I would be interested in the station. PM sent with my contact info.

Disregard the question about the steering lines. I am just gonna run new lines from the wheel to the engine.

Hello Parker lovers- I am repowering my 2520MVSC with a Suzuki 300HP engine thanks to a blown powerhead on the 21yr old Yammi. I have a 2nd steering station with a wheel and throttle (no electronics or ignition).
Over the past 21 years, I can count on 1 hand how many times that I have actually used this 2nd station. It is the free-standing station, not the bulkhead mount. I have seen a lot of threads about installing a 2nd station, but none about removing a 2nd station. For me, it would free up some space on the starboard side and I can't justify the $2 grand for the new controls with the re-power.
1.It appears that the structure is just screwed into the deck. Can I just remove the screws, seal the holes with some Marine-Tex or West Marine product and add some gel coat repair as a top coat?
2. The hydraulic steering lines are coupled to the wheel inside the cabin. Do I need to run all new lines from the inside wheel to the Seastar ram? Or can I couple the 4 lines with a fitting to avoid the new lines?

BTW- Once removed, I will no longer have a use for the 2nd steering station structure. So if anyone is looking for a station, let me know.
This post really got my attention, and it shows how there is no right or wrong opinion about features on a boat. We all have different wants/needs.... One of the primary 'required' items when we bought our Parker was the 2nd, cockpit control station. I use it every time I use the boat, and I run the boat 3-4+ days a week. I always un-dock from the 2nd station. (from our lift). I always dock from the 2nd station no matter where I'm docking. When I put the boat on the trailer for hurricanes, I always run the boat from the 2nd station. Most of my fishing is trolling, and there are days I run the boat from the 2nd station for 5-6 hours while trolling; easy access to the rods and reels. There's is no right or wrong opinion here; just mentioning different wants or needs... For me, it's a great improvement....

Are the old hoses out yet?? I'm adding a second steering station over the winter and may be ordering all new hoses. You probably have 3 going from second station to main helm (P, S and compensation line), then two from second station to OB. I wouldn't mind finding out the lengths of those....

I am interested in the station whatever are you located? You could pm me

Please p.m. me im very interested thanks

Back