6 gage Wire to the Anchor Locker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMUGMU

Reaction score
Going with the minn kota terrova 80 72". I will post all the progress. What is my best path from the center console to the bow? Many thanks!!

2000 Parker 2300

The easiest ..... through the fuel fill chase.

Duplex 6 gauge

Correct.

The only other way (I'm assuming your batteries are in the console) is to run the wires under the deck, to the fuel tank compartment, drill a small hole in the forward fuel tank bulkhead (there is an empty space under the deck, forward of the fuel tank and behind the anchor locker bulkhead) then fish the wire into the anchor locker.

Or you can run the wires under the deck, into the fuel tank compartment, run the wires aft to the transom then back forward to the anchor locker under the washboards/gunnel.

From CC to first inspection plate to fuel fill....be patient at fuel fill it is crowded but it will eventually go. I used the actual 6 awg to feed...found a wire fish to snag too much. Once you get it to the top side of the fuel fill then easy part is up to bow. Just properly support wire up to bow...Weld Mounts do the trick.

From CC to first inspection plate to fuel fill....be patient at fuel fill it is crowded but it will eventually go. I used the actual 6 awg to feed...found a wire fish to snag too much. Once you get it to the top side of the fuel fill then easy part is up to bow. Just properly support wire up to bow...Weld Mounts do the trick.
Pardon me but what is a weld mount? Thanks

It's the good stuff for supporting wires...

https://www.jamestowndistributors.com/product/product-detail/6435WMS-AT-5-30 -- Large Tie Mount (30)

https://www.jamestowndistributors.com/product/product-detail/6437
Call and ask if it comes with the manual plunger....You will need that....
Push small amount out mix....Batter up the mount stick it in place.

BUT before.... Wipe area with alcohol then scuff with 80gt and wipe again with alchol.
Looks like a great product. On the list.

Is there a preferred lubricant for wire pulling. The 6-gage duplex will be run next to the fuel fill/vent lines. There is space there for the new wire. I'm thinking that a lubricant on the 6-gage duplex might make things easier. Thanks

So you were able to fish the 6awg wire thru the fuel line chase without a pull string? I tried the fish wire yesterday and it was a no-go :(. did you tape the end or use a lubricant?

It's the good stuff for supporting wires...

https://www.jamestowndistributors.com/product/product-detail/6435WMS-AT-5-30 -- Large Tie Mount (30)

https://www.jamestowndistributors.com/product/product-detail/6437
Call and ask if it comes with the manual plunger....You will need that....
Push small amount out mix....Batter up the mount stick it in place.

BUT before.... Wipe area with alcohol then scuff with 80gt and wipe again with alchol.
Called them and all they offer is an $80 cartridge gun to dispense it...ouch...any other adhesive options out there?

The AT-1050 kit is about $40 all told, and should be plenty for you to tackle this job with some left over. Once you use Weld Mount for wire management, you’ll never use anything else.
Beautiful. many thanks

So you were able to fish the 6awg wire thru the fuel line chase without a pull string? I tried the fish wire yesterday and it was a no-go :(. did you tape the end or use a lubricant?
Yes. I could not get a wire fish to go because it had a tendency to snag. On 2 boats (1801 and 2100 dvcc), I was successful to get the 6awg duplex wire to feed by starting at the fuel chase and feeding to the inspection plate (towards the console). Just be sure to leave enough wire to reach your TM receptacle location...leave extra. I did not use any pull string or lubricant. It took many attempts to get the wire to feed.

I am about to tackle this project on my 1801 except I need to pull cables for 112 lbs 36v Terrova. Do you think I can get away with 6ga wires or go 4ga? I am thinking 4ga duplex is a bear to pull fuel fill route. Where is a best place to put outlet for motor connection to cables? I planning to take pictures and post them to ease pains of future installers. I also feel that Parker should change front deck design to create a pad for bow trolling motors.
On separate note what is make/model of anchor Parker put in 1801 and how ling is rode? NC Wildlife officers did not follow rules they were reinforcing.

Fishaddict......You do know.....When Voltage goes UP amperage drops down.. Right? 36 V as opposed to 24V

4ga Duplex.? .....I know where to get it, but it's rare. I've used it one time....and not for a TM install.
I just run 4ga cable. Why? Because I want MAX performance for my customers TM.

If you were to run 6ga.....You don't have to run it in a duplex cable....

Last edited:
I am planning to use borescope to look at how much space is next to fill/vent hoses at side bulkhead.

Back