843Parker 1801(Bristol Condition)

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

843Parker

Reaction score
2001 1801
Yamaha 115 (2 stroke)
Minn Kota Terrova (80lb)
I have owned Key West/Scout/Ranger/Sea Pro/John Boats/ and numerous other creek runner style small rigs. This is by far is my favorite boat. It is the most versatile fishing boat I have ever owned. The space available in this 18 foot boat blows me away. I bought this boat to fish out of, nothing else matters to me. I fish in large river systems, back creeks, sounds, and inlets in the Low Country of South Carolina. It amazes me that in my area I rarely see a Parker. I have always loved the simple design of Parker boats, and always wanted one. They are a rare boat to see for sale in my area. I am guessing the people that own them know what they have and won't let go. I acquired this boat in August 2021 after selling my (at that point) dream boat a 2000 Bay Ranger. This is the first boat I have ever purchased that had absolutely no flaws. I could find nothing wrong with it at all. The two previous owners took outstanding care of the vessel. I am the third owner. This boat was kept in dry stack for the past 20 years. It has not been modified at all. When I purchased the boat the engine had 450 hours on it. We just broke the 500 hour mark last weekend. It is bone stock, except for the trolling motor/Simrad unit. Not one screw hole or cut has been made to this boat. The trailer is 2 years old. The only thing I have done is added a 12 v bubbler that is controlled on an acc. rocker switch. I will probably keep this boat the rest of my life I absolutely love it. It was truly a blessing for me to find this boat.

tempImageUDrm25.pngtempImagePZJvF7.pngtempImageW6UoyJ.pngtempImageYh8jpS.pngtempImageAqheND.png

Welcome! Congratulations, she looks great. The small Parker CCs are, in my
mind, a world away from their “peers” in other manufacturer’s 17-19’ line. Simply no comparison, the Parker blows everything else away.

Be warned, browse around here too long and you’ll find yourself itching to start cutting holes and making modifications!

Welcome! Congratulations, she looks great. The small Parker CCs are, in my
mind, a world away from their “peers” in other manufacturer’s 17-19’ line. Simply no comparison, the Parker blows everything else away.

Be warned, browse around here too long and you’ll find yourself itching to start cutting holes and making modifications!
Thanks, happy to be apart of this world. I will be thinking long and hard before anyone cuts or drills into this boat. It is perfect for me rn.

Welcome 843! Going on year 19 with mine and I still love it like the day I bought it! I just sold my Yamaha 115 2 stroke and have a new Suzuki on order but the old Saltwater Series was still running perfect. That is a nice clean ride you have!

Welcome… it is an awesome boat… have a 1994…she’s a solid boat… take her off shore to the bluefin tuna grounds in NJ with no problem… good luck..

Attachments

• F9286812-EBF8-4A0D-A29B-B77D9703FB9C.jpeg
    F9286812-EBF8-4A0D-A29B-B77D9703FB9C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
  • 611F5629-2512-41E7-9245-94CB5A328535.jpeg
    611F5629-2512-41E7-9245-94CB5A328535.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 53
  • 17A0B439-41C4-4163-BD5D-1542BDDBCD53.jpeg
    17A0B439-41C4-4163-BD5D-1542BDDBCD53.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 50
Great-looking ride there 843! We recently acquired a 2003 1801 that belonged to my wife's late uncle. We replaced the old Yamaha 115 with a new Suzuki 150 and so far I love it. I also just got it back from the shop after having a 80lb Terrova/batteries/charger installed. I fish the inshore waters of NE FL and the trolling motor is going to be a game changer! Funny story (sort of): The first time out on the Saint Johns river, I got pulled over for speeding through a manatee zone. I couldn't even read the warning sign with my binoculars! Anyway the officer was nice and agreed that the markings were less than ideal and just gave me a verbal warning. He was so excited to see a Parker as they're pretty scarce here. He went on and on about how well built they are. We have a new Parker dealer here in Jacksonville (Yamaha Marine Center in Orange Park - good folks) and they are waiting for their first shipment of new boats. Hopefully we'll see more Parkers on our local waters soon.

I have a 2001 1801 as well. Just finished my first year with it up in Cape Cod. Love the boat for all of the reasons you guys have stated. They are so well built and it was pretty obvious as I was looking at a number of other used boats/brands. Can’t wait for the spring! Dreaming of many stripers 😂

Attachments

• 829D9BF5-8679-4F46-B13A-CD16184DAA35.jpeg
    829D9BF5-8679-4F46-B13A-CD16184DAA35.jpeg
    460.8 KB · Views: 40

I have owned my 1990 1800 for 26 years and still am absolutely in love 🥰 with her! They are very solid, BIG little boats. I have had mine 40 miles from the inlet when the air temp was 16°F and felt very confident the whole way. Even after getting my 2520 (which I also love), I still feel like a kid at Christmas every time I take my 18 out. She is now my in-shore fishing machine. I know you will enjoy yours too!

Cap'n Dan

I picked up my 1801 last month & I have already put 30 hours on it. I have the 150 2-stroke which I have pushed my boat with 2 - 200lb guys + full tank & fishing gear up to 43 MPH. Every time I take this boat out it impresses me more & more on the fishability and the conditions it can handle. While I would never intentionally choose to be 5 miles off in 3-5' with a tight chop in this boat, I was (NOAA was wrong) and not once did I feel unsafe.
I have a LONG list of things I plan to upgrade and change over the winter so next year this thing will be an absolute fish catching machine!

Good luck with yours

Attachments

• IMG_4285.jpeg
    IMG_4285.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 36
I picked up my 1801 last month & I have already put 30 hours on it. I have the 150 2-stroke which I have pushed my boat with 2 - 200lb guys + full tank & fishing gear up to 43 MPH. Every time I take this boat out it impresses me more & more on the fishability and the conditions it can handle. While I would never intentionally choose to be 5 miles off in 3-5' with a tight chop in this boat, I was (NOAA was wrong) and not once did I feel unsafe.
I have a LONG list of things I plan to upgrade and change over the winter so next year this thing will be an absolute fish catching machine!

Good luck with yours
That is gorgeous. Would you share the list with me? I am curious what you are thinking of doing that would make such an improvement.

They are good boats. Heavy and basic. Really all you need and want. Best thing I put on mine was drink holders! I have a less common 17 and keep it right in the city which is very rare in a highly space constrainted setting. My storage spot has 4” clear on each side when boat trailer parked.

Attachments

• 54201D7A-F154-4C94-8FFA-827B44F3B572.jpeg
    54201D7A-F154-4C94-8FFA-827B44F3B572.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
That is gorgeous. Would you share the list with me? I am curious what you are thinking of doing that would make such an improvement.
Sure, here is my short list that is already scheduled for the winter, I am sure it will grow:
1. Replace the leaning post with something functional
2. Add trim tabs
3. Switch cable steering to hydraulic
4. Add Raw water wash down
5. Create a storage platform in the helm console. Basically create a cover over the batteries so the helm can be used for storage
6. Add Seadek
7. Upgrade my 1 gps/fish finder to 2 units.
8. I plan to build an inclosed helm station for both new head units.
9. I may add a fixed VHF, especially if I plan to take this 20+ miles offshore.
10. Replace windshield to a clear windshield.

that’s my list for Jan-March 2022. Just wish I had a heated garage, cause working in 20 degree temps isn’t fun. But I’ll have everything I want come spring time!

Sure, here is my short list that is already scheduled for the winter, I am sure it will grow:
2. Add trim tabs
5. Create a storage platform in the helm console. Basically create a cover over the batteries so the helm can be used for storage
6. Add Seadek

that’s my list for Jan-March 2022. Just wish I had a heated garage, cause working in 20 degree temps isn’t fun. But I’ll have everything I want come spring time!
absolute stunner you have there man! so damn clean. Deff do #2 and #3 ASAP, also a 4 blade prop the boat will handle and feel like a 20 plus foot boat with the ability to keep the bow down in chop. also the 4 blade will keep you on plane at slower speeds and create incredible stern lift for our shallow Mod Vee bottoms. Best of Luck.

LIF

2. Add trim tabs
6. Add Seadek

#4 is a must if you fish. The bucket system (I'm guilty of this) gets real old when your having a good day.
Are those portable fuel tanks in addition or is your OEM tank compromised?

#4 is a must if you fish. The bucket system (I'm guilty of this) gets real old when your having a good day.
Are those portable fuel tanks in addition or is your OEM tank compromised?
My fuel tank is in good shape.

Yeah that bucket this was old after my first bloody deck. Already have it ordered & I have the tabs in my garage. Fishing is hot right now, so I don’t have the time to take her down for the work. But that will be getting resolved early Jan.

2. Add trim tabs
6. Add Seadek

Sounds good, let us know how it goes.

@reellucky18 Can you give us an update on your enhancements?

Which trim tabs did you go with and how are they performing? Same on steering...

Got any pics of the helm station and interior helm storage?

Seadeck cost?

Windshield vendor and cost?

I have a 1998 Parker 1801 w/2006 Yamaha 115 FS...fishing machine for coastal/inland Mississippi and Louisiana marsh.

Back