8th Annual, Annapolis Area Classic Parker Rendezvous !

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<<Ba-bump!>>

C'mon MD area Parkers owners ... I'd love to meet up with you!

Added to the "Parker Boat Owners" FB group as well as the 'Tri-State Marine', 'Tidalfish' and 'Parker Boats' FB pages.

Regulate It":2dbafole said:
Damn - I was looking forward to meeting you all - blew a bearing and axel on my trailer on Sunday - not able to go anywhere short term -
... jump aboard a boat local to you that is planning on going ... :?: ?

Sorry guys, would love to show up, but that is the same day as eastern yacht clubs wine festival. The wife really looks forward to going every year, nice event

Going to try to get up there this weekend. My tuna fishing trip will most likely be canceled to to mechanical problems with my friends boat. Last couple of times I've been up to the rendezvous I've gone for a crab feast afterwards over to Kent Moor Marina. Kevin, you're the man that should know the best places to go. Appreciate any recommendations.

Charlie
Eden, Maryland

ceblizzard":1ku0jwp7 said:
Going to try to get up there this weekend. My tuna fishing trip will most likely be canceled to to mechanical problems with my friends boat. Last couple of times I've been up to the rendezvous I've gone for a crab feast afterwards over to Kent Moor Marina. Kevin, you're the man that should know the best places to go. Appreciate any recommendations.

Kentmorr http://www.kentmorr.com is a great place for crabs, and it is almost directly across the Bay (on KI) from where we will be rafting up. Easy in and out, and plenty of docking.

Another good place also very close to where we will be is Cantlers Riverside http://www.cantlers.com on Mill Creek off of Whitehall Bay. The slips at Cantlers were originally built for Baybuilt boats and are not as easy to tie up to, but I can give you some local intel during the raft-up on where to dock that is perfect for our boats. :wink:

Anyone traveling to or from the north might want to try two places in the Magothy River. The first (and closer one) is Deep Creek Resturant http://www.thedeepcreekrestaurant.com
which is directly across from the Cape St Claire community marina. Lots of dockage available and the food is good. Indoor and outdoor seating is available.

The second place (and further up-river) is the former Magothy Seafood, now known as "The Pointe" http://www.thepointcrabhouse.com at Ferry Point Marina.

So far as the Severn River and Annapolis Harbor are concerned, the only place I could suggest where you don't have to take out a loan :shock: would be Buddys Crabs and Ribs http://www.buddysannap.com/mainsite/index.html overlooking Ego Alley.

Don't get me wrong, places like Carol's Creek http://www.carrolscreek.com and the Chart House http://www.chart-house.com are fine places to eat in the Harbor area, and they are accessible by water, but not if you want to get dirty eating steamed crabs. Save those places for a 'night out on the town'. :wink:

I have been to all of these places, and they are all good.
It all depends on how far you would like to travel, and in what direction. :D

You guys are gonna have some GREAT weather tomorrow. We are so bummed we can't make it this year. I tried to have the couple re-schedule the wedding but they wouldn't go for it. Have a burger and a beer for me and someone get stung on the Butt by a jellyfish for my oldest, William. Post lots of pictures !!

What a BEAUTIFUL day we had today on the water!

Tied up to the the Pal-O-Mine with Capt Nick, his wife June, Nick's brother Mark and his wife June. What a wicked awesome Chessie deadrise that wooden classic is!

Ben & Debbie joined us in their 25' XL the Keeping it Reel and then Charlie & Brooke joined us in their 25' XL, who won the long-distance boating award.

And of course, aboard the Megabyte we had the most excellent hosts in Capt Kevin and MaryJo! I was accompanied by my fiancé Carol and her niece Christina and a friend joined us too. She's in the Army and he's in the Navy.

Between the company, the beautiful boats, the plentiful food, including fresh crab, and and awesome day for weather ... and I just don't know how the day could have been any better! Thanks all to all, southern hospitality at its finest ... and I think I was only what .... halfway down the coast?

Capt Kevin will download some pictures and post them tomorrow!

OK folks... the photos you have been waiting for.

Dale and Carol traveled on Thursday and we spent a chill evening at home.
On Friday, Dale and I spent time at my club range shooting targets.
Friday night we started the festivities by going to Pussers Landing where we had food and drink on Ego Alley watching the boat follies. :)
It was a beautiful night to be downtown.

Some of these photos may be out of sequence as they were taken with two Nikons and an iPhone.

Attachments

• CP01.jpg
    CP01.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 982
  • CP02.jpg
    CP02.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 982
  • CP03.jpg
    CP03.jpg
    616.3 KB · Views: 982
Saturday morning, it was boat prep and shove off to our Rendezvous site.
Pal-O-Mine, a 1977 40' Robbins Baybuilt had graciously accepted an invite to be our 'anchor' and party boat for the day.

It was a beautiful weather day, and a boatload of fun was had by all. 8)

Attachments

• CP004.jpg
    CP004.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 982
  • CP005.jpg
    CP005.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 982
  • CP006.jpg
    CP006.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 982
  • CP007.jpg
    CP007.jpg
  • CP008.jpg
    CP008.jpg
Yes, there was dancing on the transoms and on deck, as well as boat dogs. :)

Attachments

• CP009.jpg
    CP009.jpg
    479.5 KB · Views: 982
  • CP010.jpg
    CP010.jpg
    742.8 KB · Views: 982
  • CP011.jpg
    CP011.jpg
    747.7 KB · Views: 982
  • CP012.jpg
    CP012.jpg
  • CP013.jpg
    CP013.jpg
Floating on the water, and freshly steamed crabs courtesy of Ben and Debbie!

Attachments

• CP014.jpg
    CP014.jpg
  • CP015.jpg
    CP015.jpg
    964.3 KB · Views: 982
  • CP016.jpg
    CP016.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 982
  • CP017.jpg
    CP017.jpg
    1,013 KB · Views: 982
  • CP018.jpg
    CP018.jpg
... more

Attachments

• CP019.jpg
    CP019.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 982
  • CP020.jpg
    CP020.jpg
    1,002.5 KB · Views: 982
  • CP021.jpg
    CP021.jpg
    830.6 KB · Views: 982
  • CP022.jpg
    CP022.jpg
    889.9 KB · Views: 982
  • CP023.jpg
    CP023.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 982
After the raft, we had to take two of our guests back to the dock so they could make it back to DC to go to work, one Army, one Navy, so unfortunately they did not have enough time to go with us on a Naval Academy and Harbor tour.
The trip through Ego Alley was an adventure. Stupid people were everywhere...
Fortunately, in spite of the stupid people, we came out of the experience unscathed.

Dale and Carol got to see Pussers from the water, and they also got to see a waterside wedding complete with Naval Academy midshipmen.

Attachments

• CP024 Pussers.jpg
    CP024 Pussers.jpg
    654.4 KB · Views: 982
  • CP025.jpg
    CP025.jpg
    740.6 KB · Views: 982
After we made it out of Ego Alley alive and with no scratches on the boat, the next leg of the tour took us up Spa Creek.
We arrived at the Spa Creek drawbridge 4 minutes before an opening, so we dropped the outriggers and made our way through the orbiting rag haulers waiting for the opening.
Just about the time we cleared the drawbridge, she opened for everyone else.

A short way down Spa Creek, we noticed a guy at one of the waterfront homes on his screen porch shouting "NICE BOAT!".
It was then that we noticed a pair of Parkers at his dock. :D

Attachments

• CP026 Spa Creek.jpg
    CP026 Spa Creek.jpg
  • CP027.jpg
    CP027.jpg
    872.6 KB · Views: 982
  • CP028.jpg
    CP028.jpg
    828.9 KB · Views: 982
  • CP029.jpg