90s 2520’s Modified V

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amarino

Reaction score
Does anybody here have experience with either owning or riding on a 90s style 2520 with a notched transom and Modified V. I have only been on a 2006 2520 DV with a bracket and I lIke’s it which is why I am now in the market for one. An older 1995 came up for sale that from pics looks decent. Unfortunately, I have no idea how that MV runs, most of my fishing needs are relatively in bays and coastal waters but I want to be able to travel 20-30 miles off shore a few times a season . Is the ride dramatically that different between the two hulls . Any other differences between those older boats that is worthy to mention.
thanks

Had a'95 2530 MV full transom/Bracket -single 300................Hold out for the full transom / Bracketed DV. for your wants.

Could you do it with the boat you describe? Yes....at a lot slower pace and not as seaworthy for offshore in my mind.

We had a 91 2520 MV sport cabin notched transom. Deadrise on the mod v back then was 14 degrees. We moved up to a 2520XL mod v with twins on a bracket that has a 16 degree deadrise. Totally different boat even though model is still considered a 2520 and mod v. A combination of factors-weight, overall length, 2 degree more dead rise play into that. I have not rode a DV but would expect 5 more degrees of dead rise would naturally further improve the ride.

I think if your experience is on a 2520 DV you are going to be disappointed with the ride on them boat you are looking at if the boat is similar to our old one.

We had a 91 2520 MV sport cabin notched transom. Deadrise on the mod v back then was 14 degrees. We moved up to a 2520XL mod v with twins on a bracket that has a 16 degree deadrise. Totally different boat even though model is still considered a 2520 and mod v. A combination of factors-weight, overall length, 2 degree more dead rise play into that. I have not rode a DV but would expect 5 more degrees of dead rise would naturally further improve the ride.

I think if your experience is on a 2520 DV you are going to be disappointed with the ride on them boat you are looking at if the boat is similar to our old one.

Back