94 2300 rebuild

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mdaustin

Reaction score
So finally picked up the boat yesterday after two months or so trying to get up with the guy.

it came with a soft spot in the deck, so that’s on the list to do. Also has a cut transom due to the twin 115s it came with. So that will need to be filled in. If stringers are good they’re staying in. However I have a feeling that a gas tank may be in my future, got to get that out and tested as one of the first projects. One big project that I plan on attempting is building a bracket, opposed to buying a Armstrong as the quote I got was $5000.

anyways, for those with 2300/2320 if you have the ability would someone be able to get me the dimensions to the best of your ability that’s be wonderful.

Also here’s my girl:

Attachments

• 0C3B21D7-EADB-4B24-B7D2-A82F448C8B1D.jpeg
    0C3B21D7-EADB-4B24-B7D2-A82F448C8B1D.jpeg
    6.6 MB · Views: 12
So finally picked up the boat yesterday after two months or so trying to get up with the guy.

it came with a soft spot in the deck, so that’s on the list to do. Also has a cut transom due to the twin 115s it came with. So that will need to be filled in. If stringers are good they’re staying in. However I have a feeling that a gas tank may be in my future, got to get that out and tested as one of the first projects. One big project that I plan on attempting is building a bracket, opposed to buying a Armstrong as the quote I got was $5000.

anyways, for those with 2300/2320 if you have the ability would someone be able to get me the dimensions to the best of your ability that’s be wonderful.

Also here’s my girl:

Welcome! What dimensions are you looking for exactly?

Everything lol. I’ve got a pretty good idea for how to build the jig thanks to the guys on the hull truth. L x w of platform how high is the clamping board from bottom of hull?angles of the brackets “v” so pretty much everything. I know it’s a big ask but any measurements are appreciated.

Also have some parts coming off I’ll make a list if anyone wants anything let me know.

Had three hours to work on the boat this morning after getting off shift. Got a good bit done. Back of the deck is rotten as crap so that’ll be fun to deal with, the in floor live well just needs to be pulled along with the other sections. Hope to get fuel tank and rest of deck out one night this week.

if You are looking for a bow rail let me know, located near Raleigh

Attachments

• 5998479F-1E39-411C-A6C9-0687EE4949E7.jpeg
    5998479F-1E39-411C-A6C9-0687EE4949E7.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 21
  • B102C9D3-2CC2-44AB-98C1-FDBB590B4A24.jpeg
    B102C9D3-2CC2-44AB-98C1-FDBB590B4A24.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 22
Not sure if this will post to the whole forum or not…

Is anyone on here a guru with composites?

Trying to weigh the options of replacing transom, stringers, and deck with composites rather than plywood.

The wood has lasted very well and the transom was only rotten on the bottom 2” of the vee. (Was a PITA to get out.) next thing I need to do is get stringers out, everything behind the console is rotten. So that should be a lot easier.

Anyway here is the question of the day, do you think I would lose the ride by taking that much weight out of the boat? (Replacing with composites)

I’ll post some pictures when I get a chance. Likely going to build a bracket out of fiberglass like daytrip did on his Bertram rebuilds.

Thanks!

Is anyone on here a guru with composites?

:)

I've built with wood, Coosa, Kledgecell , Divenacell , but not much Nidacore.

Your pix takes me back....I wanted a Parker Pilothouse, but couldn't afford it.....
5yrs and $60K later.

Attachments

• 100_4828.JPG
    100_4828.JPG
    466.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_4831.JPG
    100_4831.JPG
    449.8 KB · Views: 2
You mentioned that the only part of transom that was rotten was bottom 2" of V. My 2320 didn't have any wood in the bottom 2" of V, where the drain plug was. It is like that from factory, on purpose. Hope that wasn't your case and you removed a good transom. Otherwise, best of luck, I look forward to viewing

You mentioned that the only part of transom that was rotten was bottom 2" of V. My 2320 didn't have any wood in the bottom 2" of V, where the drain plug was. It is like that from factory, on purpose. Hope that wasn't your case and you removed a good transom. Otherwise, best of luck, I look forward to viewing
Originally mine came with twin mariners. The notch in the transom is about twice as large as it’d be with a single. I wanted to have full transom and bracket to add more room for fishing/ freeboard. Another thing was the original owner put a livewell in The floor that was installed wrong, which rotted the floor And in turn the stringers. I’d say the bottom half inch was polyester filler puddy, above that was plywood.

By chance does your 2320 have a bracket? Need measurements on the bottom section of a Armstrong bracket to mimic the best I can. No way I’m paying 5K ish for a bracket. Main measurement is the width of the “v” if that makes sense?

:)

I've built with wood, Coosa, Kledgecell , Divenacell , but not much Nidacore.

Your pix takes me back....I wanted a Parker Pilothouse, but couldn't afford it.....
5yrs and $60K later.
Looks great! I have high hopes that this will be done quickly, but sooner than later I’m sure I’ll run into reality

Attachments

• CB951B87-B276-4220-ABCF-FF79AC6B8B5E.jpeg
    CB951B87-B276-4220-ABCF-FF79AC6B8B5E.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • 2B685034-2E06-4E9A-8D7F-34DA40019B22.jpeg
    2B685034-2E06-4E9A-8D7F-34DA40019B22.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 1
LOL

I have high hopes that this will be done quickly

From someone that does large projects and has been there Done that......

3 times as long as you think......and 3 times the $$$$$$.

Pix's are end result of 5yrs and $60K.....That use to be a Center console.

Attachments

• 100_4828.JPG
    100_4828.JPG
    466.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_4815.JPG
    100_4815.JPG
    470.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_4829.JPG
    100_4829.JPG
    545.3 KB · Views: 4
LOL

From someone that does large projects and has been there Done that......

3 times as long as you think......and 3 times the $$$$$$.

Pix's are end result of 5yrs and $60K.....That use to be a Center console.
What shaft length do we need for out boats? I have the mold half framed up need to cut down sides and clamping board.

Matt

That was a Bracketed boat....Set up for 25in shafts.

Attachments

• 100_4831.JPG
    100_4831.JPG
    449.8 KB · Views: 2
Correct me if I am wrong as I have never had a bracketed boat…

I’m working on the mold and cutting it down for the height needed. The motors’ lower unit should be inline/level with the keel of the boat correct?

Hoping to get first section of new transom skin on this coming weekend. Got some grinding to do before then…

The motors’ lower unit should be inline/level with the keel of the boat correct?

You want some adjustability....IE: the multi bolt holes. But yes the Anti-cavation plate even on a Notched transom......It will be higher on a Bracketed boat. Typical.....1in higher for every 12in aft of the transom....So a Engine bracket typically shoves the engine 24in. aft.......Engine would be mounted 2in above the keel.

https://mightyboy.co.nz/mounting-an-outboard-motor-correctly/

No bolts, will be tabbed on boat, and the stringers will run through the ransom and be tied into bracket. Got the idea from DayTrip on the hull truth.

Mold for bracket is complete, going to be cutting my layers of fiberglass for the bracket tonight. Doubt I’ll have enough time to do any epoxy…

So...Your not really building a bracket then........Your Building a Hull extension... There is a differance

I suppose. looks enough like a bracket for me, and this is what all these folks are calling them.

Because they don't Understand the difference.

A Hull extension is just That..... A extension of the Hull......AND the planing surface.

A Bracket...Is a extension to move the engine aft.....It has No Planing surface. When using a bracket.....The engine is mounted higher....This produces less drag and can improve fuel millage.

Sounds like Gen XYZ strikes again! My pet pev is Calling Wheels "RIM's" :( [Gheto Slang]

The reason for proper terminology is Communication.

Everyone thought you were building a Bracket, because That is what you said. Then you wrote about the stringers extending into the "Bracket".......It was no longer a Bracket then.

Last edited:
Back