96' 23 SC Parker Tank Replacement

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If those shims are wood be sure the encapsulate them to seal out any water. You dont want those to go away on you.
I bent my tabs out slightly and screwed them directly too the stringers. The second picture is the finished install using the Warthog method.

Attachments

• 20211113_170345.jpg
    20211113_170345.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
  • 20211115_162530.jpg
    20211115_162530.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 27
If those shims are wood be sure the encapsulate them to seal out any water. You dont want those to go away on you.
I bent my tabs out slightly and screwed them directly too the stringers. The second picture is the finished install using the Warthog method.
Looks great! Since my new tank is smaller I have to shim it but I plan on sealing the wood.

Did you put you only put one layer of glass down or mulitiple?

Just one layer. I dont think it needs to be structurally that strong. The main reason for the glass is to seal any water from getting to the foam.
And yes, I had the new tank made of 3/16 aluminum.

Back