'96 24ft. Parker w/ yamaha 4 stroke

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marchman

Reaction score
I'm considering getting a new engine either a 225 or a 250 four stroke. I believe that if I get the 250 I'll have to move the transom bracket. I've got a yamaha 225 2 stroke now. Any thought on bracket or performance with either engine appreciated. thanks.

You sure that's a "24 foot" Parker?

If you're asking about moving the bracket up or down, I'm betting the bracket is ok where it is. You can always move the motor up on the bracket if you want to.

Most Parkers have enough "beef" in them not to be affected by the weight difference of a 2s vs. 4s.

FishFactory":1le61jp1 said:
If you're asking about moving the bracket up or down, I'm betting the bracket is ok where it is.

I would agree.

When I bought my boat, a 2520, it was supposed to have a Yamaha 225. I was told there was a long wait for that size and it was suggested I go to a 250.

I did an internet search on the 225 and read that there was a problem with the engine and it was out of production. This was last summer.

I recommend checking with Yamaha or the dealer to get information on the 225. I got the 250 and I like it very much.

First time I have ever heard anything negative about the F225. I have almost 500 hours on mine and has never missed a beat. I would like to have the F250 for the power though.

Bruce":3hyqxkg3 said:
I did an internet search on the 225 and read that there was a problem with the engine and it was out of production. This was last summer.

The only negative that I've ever heard about the F225 is that it doesn't have quite the "oomph" of it's 225 2-stroke cousins.
Even that is a pretty subjective observation as lots of folks seem to like the motors.

Here is an article published by Power and Motoryacht magazine, which gave the motor a pretty good review.
http://powerandmotoryacht.com/engines/0102yamahaf225/

As for being out of production... not according to Yamaha.
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard/pr ... /home.aspx

I believe I read about the 225 on a Yamaha site. I found a refrence to it on another site: continuouswave.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/007668.html

The current availability of that model indicates the problem has probbly been solved.

It is interesting that, when I bought the boat, the dealer really recommended the 225 over the 250. It was the Parker company that said they could not get that size engine at the time (March, 2005).

Bruce":1l82ms1y said:
It was the Parker company that said they could not get that size engine at the time (March, 2005).

I'm not a student of Yamaha, but I believe early '05 was about the time the 250 was introduced. Could be that the motor was in short supply back then.

Anyone know when the F250 was introduced?

Personally, I'm waiting for the F300 (and a blooming money tree!).

Back