A Bare Bottom

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker

Staff member
Reaction score
This past week Coastal Soda Blasting had the honor of starting my "winter/spring" project. Although, we have always used ablative paint, a decision was made to start over. Coastal did a nice job of removing all the old paint. My plan is to apply an interlux barrier coat in the spring followed by a new coat of Micron CSC. Here are a few shots post blasting.

Attachments

• Bottom Job 001 (Small).jpg
    Bottom Job 001 (Small).jpg
    37 KB · Views: 2,164
  • Bottom Job 002 (Small).jpg
    Bottom Job 002 (Small).jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 2,163
  • Bottom Job 004 (Small).jpg
    Bottom Job 004 (Small).jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 2,163
Dan - I don't have any blisters on the bottom. However, I don't see any downside to apply the barrier coat, kind of like chicken soup....Can't hurt.

When I posted this thread, my intention was to barrier coat the bottom. Well after finding not a single blister and thinking about all the work needed to barrier coat, I changed my mind. I spent this weekend washing the bottom with 202 Solvent, sanding and then rewashing. Today was primer, followed by a coat of green hard epoxy paint. The green will be my base coat. I then put on a coat of black Micron CSC with biolux. I hope never to have to do this again. Every part of my body hurts. Here is a picture of the green coat then the final product. Next week - Wax on Wax off.

Brad

Attachments

• Bottom Job 007 (Small).jpg
    Bottom Job 007 (Small).jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,735
  • Bottom Job 011 (Small).jpg
    Bottom Job 011 (Small).jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 1,735
  • Bottom Job 012 (Small).jpg
    Bottom Job 012 (Small).jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,735
Ageeed, plus any boot stripe is made even more prettier, IMHO, by leaving that 1" border of hull exposed. Looks sweet!

Great job, the surface looks very smooth. Should even give you some lower drag.

My wife and I did antifouling aerosol on the outdrive and trim tabs and did the bottom paint on a 25' Sunday. Nothing beats blocks unless you farm out the job. We paint the boat on the trailer and feel it after (in stiffness).

I've used ablative for about 5 or 6 years now, and you did it best with two different colors.

Dana

Thanks for the compliements. I am still recovering froms spending two days on my back underneath the boat. I never knew I had so many muscles that would get sore at one time. Next project......try to get the boat as clean and shiny as Megabyte.

Back