A,B'd Parker 2120 vs 2320 Sport Cabins

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello gang!

I am glad to see some positive comments from those who have the open transom 2120. I've been highly skeptical of the open transom on the 2120 vs the 2320 and am in the decision making process this winter between the two, if I go with Parker.

I was curious if Parker was ever going to make a "bracket" version of the 2120. The answer I got from Parker last summer is NO. Here was the response I received:

"Boats that are 23’ and larger are better suited for a full transom and bracket since they have more running surface and will perform better with the additional weight aft. The 21’ model will perform better with the engine mounted directly to the transom therefore we do not have plans to incorporate a full transom on this model."

My question to 2120 owners is how does the transom hold up in the closer/tighter waves like that seen in shallow water or high current river areas? I fish the Lake St.Clair / Erie waters around Detroit. We very seldom see the wide spaced out long rollers that you may get in the open water of the other Great Lakes. Also, is the extra weight of a 200hp vs 150hp on a 2120 going cause a problem with following seas because of the added weight at the transom?

Thanks guys!
Bob

I don't want to knock the 2120, and the fact that I have a 2320 (for now)
But I wouldn't want anything to do with the LOW roof of the 2120, though I think the newer 2320sl has the same low roof !!!
I think those low roofs are dangerous !!!
I find it hard to believe I have not heard about someone splitting their fore head open from hitting the roof and then suing Parker or the owner of the boat !!!

I've had no real problem with water coming through the transom, but I've learned to adjust to it. But keep in mind, it will eventually happen. When it has happened, the splash guard worked and the scuppers were adequate. Good seal on the bilge hatch keeps water from getting in there, so keep an eye on that. Typically happens when I quickly throttle back and swells are coming at me from behind and my wake catches up with me. But, I've learned to deal with it since I know what's happening..

As for the low roof, I'm only 5'6" so it's not so bad. Taller passengers haven't had a problem yet. Seems like the step down into the cabin helps duck the head low enough to clear the overhang. But I have hit it coming out of the cabin once.

But watch out for that slick cabin floor if it gets wet. Found that out the hard way. There have been other posts on this topic.

John S.

The notched Transom is no problem at all. For smaller boats I actually think it's safer than having that area closed. If you take on a large amount of water it drains extremely fast.

The height of the roof is not a problem.

The F150 four stroke is the perfect motor in both weight and horse power for the 2120.

I have an05 2120 with the f200. I have 460hrs on the motor and probably 2-3 times more on the water time. I have never been on a 2320. But I am sure bigger is better. But for the price and the ease of trailering and launching it is a great boat. I will address the issues discussed here.

1. No fish box........ I have a large Icy Tex cooler mounted to the roof with a small tower. I have pics in other posts. This adds a whole new dimention to the boat. A place to keep fish, extra seating, more real estate. A place to spot fish. Best upgrade I could ever imagine, well maybe tied with the auto piolit.

2. Cut out transome........ Havent ever felt threatened by it. I have removed the splashwell. Might sound crazy to some people but any water that comes in goes out much quicker. Rinsing the deck is so much easier. Also adds more room to walk around the center mounted 60 gal bait tank.

3. Cabin height.........Not a problem for me I am 6'3". Slippery floor is a problem. I always leave a large towell on the floor. Catches alot of dirt and fish scales.scales.

4. F200 to heavy......... Maybe, The boat was very unstable and porpoised really bad until I added a hydrofoil. Now it planes out much quicker and the porpoise can be trimmed out. Nice to have extra hp. I used to have a 2110 with a 175hp 2 stroke. Felt underpowered.

Great boat. No regrets.

Attachments

• Copy of tower2.JPG
    Copy of tower2.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 10,976
Thanks Plattapus! Nice rig. How about a side view sometime? I have thought a lot about putting a fish box on the roof. This would entail a new/longer all-around mast light and might make things a bit top heavy with 200 lbs. of fish up there.

Do you ever have problems with road clearances because of the extra height from the tower tubing?

This is the most extra stuff I have seen on the roof of a 2120. I agree, a wonderful boat that gives a fisherman an excellent all weather platform and tons of room in the back. I like casting from the front deck and v-berth roof as well. The cabin roof makes a great seat.

Ranger Tim":2fcbcneg said:
Thanks Plattapus! Nice rig. How about a side view sometime? I have thought a lot about putting a fish box on the roof. This would entail a new/longer all-around mast light and might make things a bit top heavy with 200 lbs. of fish up there.

Do you ever have problems with road clearances because of the extra height from the tower tubing?

This is the most extra stuff I have seen on the roof of a 2120. I agree, a wonderful boat that gives a fisherman an excellent all weather platform and tons of room in the back. I like casting from the front deck and v-berth roof as well. The cabin roof makes a great seat.

Here are a couple more photos Ranger Tim. I do not have any problems with road clearances. Well below the legal limit. The tower also makes a great grab rail when walking up front. Usually my son is the one up top spotting, but I habe had 100# of fish up there and two full size adults cruzing 18mph in bumpy seas.

Attachments

• tower 1.JPG
    tower 1.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 983
  • tower2.JPG
    tower2.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 982
  • tower 3.JPG
    tower 3.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 982
  • Tower shot.JPG
    Tower shot.JPG